"ON THE WAY TO BLACK RIVER" Black River by Sininen
Black River Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 16 photos
The car was delivered to us next morning and immediately we headed towards to south. Only after fifteen minute drive we knew that we that we would have missed a lot if we had stayed all our holiday in Negril. Jamaica's nature is so very beautiful and rich. I've never been in the tropic before and seeing how green and lush everything was was a big surprise to me. There were so many different types of palm trees, other trees which I've never seen before, bamboo forests, different flowers in bloom, many rivers. Oh, it was so very beautiful. We were heading to Black River and every time we stopped to look at the map, some Jamaicans came to us and wondered why we wanted to go there, because there was so much to see much closer. It begun to be most irritating. We took a wrong turn somewhere and ended to the town of Savana-la-Mar, where there was the weekly Saturday market and it was so full of cars and people. It looked very interesting, but we had other plans and didn't stay there. We drove to the dead end and were soon surrounded by local people. Two little boys who were begging, an old man with rasta hair, who said that we could take photos of him if we paid him and a man who made his best to persuade us to stay in Savana-la-Mar. When we left he was very surprised because we didn't give him any tip, though he had given us such good advice! We didn't get any advice from him, only were told that our plans were stupid.
Sininen's Related Pages
Black River Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The quiet side"
- "ON THE WAY TO BLACK RIVER"
- "Rasta_Rob's Black River Page"
- "Black River Page"
- "Black River"
- "Black River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Black River
- Hotels in Black River
- Transportation in Black River
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Black River
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Black River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Black River
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahti Intro, 47 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 38 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vyborg Intro, 20 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nokia Intro, 27 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 34 reviews, 46 photos