"MY FIRST TOUCH WITH TROPIC" Negril by Sininen
Negril Travel Guide: 439 reviews and 983 photos
The plane landed in Kingston and it took nearly two hours before it took off again - such bore. Were 20 minute flight from Montego Bay, but couldn't get there! They cleaned the plane and the crew was changed and naturally some passengers left and others came in. It was so hot in the plane, too. Finally we arrived in Montego Bay and it was nearly dark at 18.30 and ever so hot and humid. My sister and I were guided to the hall and the boys went with other passengers. Then I had to leave others and go to some office with all our passports and filled forms. Everything in the Mo'Bay's airport reminded me of some communist country. It was almost frightening. The man in the office didn't say much and he looked very unfriendly, but all went well and I got a stamp to each passport and got out. The same young man guided us out of the building.
It was all so sudden that we didn't have a chance to think and before we noticed we were sitting in a taxi on the way to Negril, where our hotel was. By then it was dark and we couldn't see very much. The taxi driver said that the temperature was +35 degrees C! Great!? We had read that it's hardly ever over 26 degrees in Jamaica!!! Already then we got an idea of the terrible way Jamaican people drive. It's something you have to experience, it's impossible to describe by words. We however arrived safely to the hotel and checked in. By then we had been up for nearly 30 hours! Guess what we did first! No, we didn't go to sleep, but for a swim in the Caribbean Sea, under Caribbean moon and sky. It was so wonderful. Water was very warm and there were hardly any waves there and it was almost dark. We really enjoyed it! We ate something before going to bed and it took a long time before I fell asleep and by 4.00 a.m. I was full awake, though I stayed in bed until 6.00 a.m. We got up every morning at 6.00 a.m. and took the morning swim before having breakfast.
My sister's partner had got offers from some local people, who had glassbottom boats, usual boats, which would take us... more travel advice
There wasn't really much to see in Negril. It is a small very touristy place. One day we drove to Rick's Cafe, which was... more travel advice
Sininen's Related Pages
Negril Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jamaica’s West End"
- "Negril West End Cliffs"
- "Beautiful Negril"
- "Welcome to Negril Jamaica"
- "Please see my Travel Tips for Negril, Jamaica"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negril
- Hotels in Negril
- Transportation in Negril
- Nightlife in Negril
- Restaurants in Negril
- Shopping in Negril
- Warnings and Dangers in Negril
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negril
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Negril?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negril
- Posted in Travel South Africa Forum "Re: Not a Travel Question but a..."
- Commented on one of WILDEFLOWER's Negril travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE UNDERWATER WORLD"
- Wrote a Review DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING! in Negril Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Negril Travel Page "MY FIRST TOUCH WITH TROPIC"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahti Intro, 47 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 38 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vyborg Intro, 20 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nokia Intro, 27 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 34 reviews, 46 photos