"REAL EFFORT" La Tigra by Sininen

La Tigra Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 28 photos

I had sore throat and running nose and at night I was wondering if it would be wise to take a hike in La Tigra after all. I knew anyway that if I didn't go there I would regret it afterwards so in the morning I got ready for a day in the Parque Naci?nal La Tigra. I asked the receptionist about the buses there and he and the manager of the hotel gave me both verbal and written orders and even tried to get me a lift to the gate. Nobody was going there so I walked to the main road and waited for the bus, which arrived some minutes later. Half an hour later I stepped down in the intermission, which lead to the village of Jutiapa. It was a beautiful morning and not too hot so I really enjoyed 2 km walk to the village - all downhill. I was looking for a great day in the park.

The hotel manager told me that I had two options. I could phone some German man and ask him to drive me to the gate or walk uphill. For some reason I had in my mind that the walk to the gate would be one kilometre so I decided to walk it. Before it I stopped in the small shop in the foot of the mountains to buy orange juice, which is so delicious there. The man however didn't have enough of change when I tried to pay with 20 lempiras so I had to buy small orange juice.

La Tigra was established as reserve in 1952 and became Honduras' first National Park in 1980. Some parts of the national park as as high as 2270 m, and are home to cloud forest and lianas, vines, bromeliads, mosses and ferns grow there. There is also a lot of wildlife in La Tigra, from pumas to peccaries to agoutis to armadillos.

• Pros:Peace, beauty, nature
  • Cons:Lots of up and downs
  • In a nutshell:Almost a paradise
  • Last visit to La Tigra: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 29, 2006

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Wonderful adventure. Thank you for sharing.

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Thank's for your kind comments on my country sites, you are beautifull lady. Come back one day.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 9:28 PM

looks like a 'wild' trip...excellent stuff, fantastic pix, like that cat ticket!! La Tigra

Sininen

“You can do it!”

Badges & Stats in La Tigra

Have you been to La Tigra?

Latest Activity in La Tigra