"IN COLD IN TEGUCIGALPA" Top 5 Page for this destination Tegucigalpa by Sininen
Tegucigalpa Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 109 photos
I had been trying to avoid big cities as much as possible but deciced that I'd stay one day in the capital of Honduras just to prove myself that I was not afraid of cities. I arrived there by bus from Valle de Ángeles and as I was having a nasty cold I was not in my best mood to fight against the taxi drivers who surrounded me as soon as I got out of the bus. I would rather have had time to look at my guide book and find out where exactly I was but gave up when this persistent taxi driver wouldn't leave. He asked where I wanted to go and I said that to a cheap and clean hotel. Usually I don't 'trust' anybody else's advice but this time I was too tired to fight. We agreed the rate, 30 lempiras, and off we went. Hotel where he took me was actually only three blocks away so I could have walked there, but never mind.
The driver didn't have change so he came with me to the hotel and waited until I checked in. Well, the receptionist didn't have change either, so he sent a cleaning lady to exchange my 500 lempiras. She returned but still the bills were too large and the driver couldn't get his fee. The cleaning lady left again and finally I could pay both the taxi ride and my room. The receptionist told me that the taxi driver's fee was too small and made it sound as an accusation! He didn't know how long ride I took and after all I paid the driver what he asked, because as I've already mentioned I was too tired to fight. Probably I paid too much!
I had a quick shower and changed clothes. On the way to the hotel I saw that a bank was open though it was Saturday so I walked there as I wanted to have enough money for the weekend. I was prepared to have a real hassle with my T/C's (see my Granada and Léon pages) but all went smoothly and ten minutes later I was back in the street ready to conquer Tegucigalpa.
I really enjoyed my short stay in the capital of Honduras. I was running out of time and therefore I decided to leave... more travel advice
The area of Tegucigalpa I saw was between parks Parque Valle, Plaza Morazan and Parque de la Merced, I wasn't looking... more travel advice
Sininen's Related Pages
Tegucigalpa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IN COLD IN TEGUCIGALPA"
- "TEGUCIGALPA - CAPITAL OF HONDURAS"
- "The Capital City of Honduras"
- "Capital and Largest City in Honduras"
- "December in Tegucigalpa"
- "Priddylady's new Tegucigalpa page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tegucigalpa
- Hotels in Tegucigalpa
- Transportation in Tegucigalpa
- Restaurants in Tegucigalpa
- Warnings and Dangers in Tegucigalpa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tegucigalpa
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Tegucigalpa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tegucigalpa
Photos in TegucigalpaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahti Intro, 47 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 38 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vyborg Intro, 20 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nokia Intro, 27 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 34 reviews, 46 photos