Israel Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Sharon Top 5 Page for this destination
Israel Warnings and Dangers: 103 reviews and 72 photos
If you're planning a trip to the desert, or a long drive south on road no. 90 during the winter or spring time you should be ware of the floods danger !
At this seasons floods can happen and roads may be closed. Just recently 4 young guys and gals were killed at the desert out of a huge flood that caught them while doing sneplling out of ignoring such forcast.
Every year between Mid' of July and aprx Mid of August a huge Jellyfish groups "visit" Israel on its way north.
Those Jellyfishes are NOT as dangerouse / deadly as in australia for example or maybe in other places too BUT they can give you a bad burns on the skin !!!
They are BIG and nasty and the spread their (sort of) poison while they are around so if you're close to them you can alredy feel it on your skin though its nothing bad however you will NOT want to "meet" them personaly and feel them on your body... So be aware of that.
For some reason there are no signs that warns about it in the beaches, the locals knows this but tourist may not know so if you're going to swim best thing to do is first see if the locals swin and you can also ask people if its okay or if you better just wet your self quickly and run away... (like i do at this times LoL )
What to do if you were burned
Although this kind of Jellyfish are not deadly, if you were really unlucky and a Jellyfish was stucked on your skin, first of all get out of the water and go quickly to get some medical treat at the first aid station at the beach.
if there's no first aid station check at the life guard place.
The best thing to use is putting lots of vinegar cause it neutralized the poison.
If there is no such thing around better use water with salt.
Do not scrash the burn with sand or put on it sand And if you dont have that or that or that you can use your urine which helps though doesnt smell too good.
The drivers in Israel are known for not being so patient and basicaly driving as "if they own the road" if you know what i mean.
So if there's any danger here that would be it.
Drive slow though not too slow... we dont have time here... we're always in a rush... people wont like the fact that a slow driver is
preventing them of driving as fast as they want.
Unfortinately in this aspect Israel is definitely behind the west...
Dont take it as an obviouse thing that car would stop and let you cross the road while you're standing near the zebra crosss and waiting !
I must admit that the first time i saw a "normal" drivers was in Europe, mostly in London, before i was even on the edge of the road Cars were already stopping, i remember i was in a shock ! i wish it would have been like that here but its not So Please BE CAREFUL when you're about to cross the road, drivers here can be really crazy.
More Reviews (82)
- See All From Israel To Cairo
- See All Dress Code
- See All Church of the Beautitudes
- See All At the old City
- See All The Gilboa
- See All Trips to Petra
Sharon's Related Pages
Israel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Israel - my country"
- "Israel: Land of Contrasts"
- "Holy Week in the Holy Land"
- "Israel: NEW Perspectives"
- "A Spring Journey to Israel"
- "In Promised Land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Israel
- Hotels in Israel
- Transportation in Israel
- Nightlife in Israel
- Restaurants in Israel
- Shopping in Israel
- Warnings and Dangers in Israel
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dubuque Hotels
- Newsom Hotels
- Delaware Water Gap
- Sly Park Hotels
- Port Hope Hotels
- Dont Drink Water
- SOME LOCALS
- Saint Martin Warnings and Dangers
- Riga Region Warnings and Dangers
- Scotland Warnings and Dangers
- Salou Warnings and Dangers
- Sousse Warnings and Dangers
- Kharkiv Warnings and Dangers
- Madeira Island Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Augustine Warnings and Dangers
- Sint Maarten Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Israel
- 406 Reviews
- 609 Photos
- 699 Forum posts
- 21 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Israel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Israel
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 112 reviews, 164 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 99 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 85 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerusalem Intro, 47 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eilat Intro, 44 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 27 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nuweiba` Intro, 23 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (42)
Top Israel hotels
- Jerusalem Hotels
- 1725 Reviews - 4578 Photos
- Eilat Hotels
- 380 Reviews - 1117 Photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Hotels
- 1156 Reviews - 2735 Photos
- Tiberias Hotels
- 63 Reviews - 218 Photos
- Haifa Hotels
- 256 Reviews - 733 Photos
- Ramat Aviv Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Hadera Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Petah Tiqwa Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 59 Photos
- Hod HaSharon Hotels
- 3 Reviews
- Zichron Yaakov Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Ramat Gan Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 52 Photos
- Arad Hotels
- 210 Reviews - 592 Photos
- Bet Shemesh Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Netanya Hotels
- 101 Reviews - 191 Photos
- Nazareth Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 439 Photos