"So close and yet so far..." Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead by Sharon

Hampstead Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 194 photos

My unforgetable temporary home...

Hampstead is one of the nicest, quiets, beautiful and riches neighborhoods of London. I was living here for about 7 months and i love this place more then any other area of London. Its close to the center and yet feels so far...
The houses are old and beautiful built in a Georgian way, the little streets and alleys, the traditional wonderful (hidden & cozy) pubs (the best in London to My opinion... and i visited a lot of pubs in England and in London !!!) .. all of this makes it feel like some magical place, it wont take you too long to love this place ! If you get there, walk around and explore the little streets, don't be tempted with the high street (the main street) and its nice and expensive shops.

You can join to one of the London Walks tours for Hampstead as well, just get the Information of London walks when you arrive to London and pick one of the hampstead tours.... (dont forget the pubs...hint hint..:-P )

March 29th, 2003:
I've been living here for almost 6 months and i loveeeeee it ! i will never forget it... too many memories from this place... and surly will come back there to visit or who knows...maybe to live there again....

Soon i will add information to this page.

This page is dedicated to you Chamudi with lots of Love.

• Pros:The most beautiful & Magical neighborhood to my opinion
  • Cons:Still haven't found any.... :)
  • In a nutshell:Get out of the center and go visit Hampstead !!
  • Last visit to Hampstead: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated May 8, 2004

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2007 at 11:32 PM

That's where I stayed on my first visit to Britain but that was ages ago so thank you for bringing back the memories. It is a lovely part of London, I agree.

• Jan 2, 2007 at 2:18 PM

Lovely page, I totally agree - Hampstead saves me everytime I feel like I don't want to be in London!

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2005 at 6:11 AM

I usually stay in Hampstead when in London, and agree with everything you say. It really is a nice place- but the hills!

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2005 at 5:39 AM

I always stop at the creperie in Hamstead when I visit, so great to have such beauty on your doorstep

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2005 at 7:54 AM

Beautiful page! Of course, being astronomy lover, for me the observatory was the most appealing feature! ;-) Treasure your memories (I'm sure you do!), they are our most precious possessions...

• arabiantravels2u's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2005 at 6:29 AM

My girlfriend use to stay in hampstead. It has a lot of amaing bakerys.

• catnl's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 10:50 PM

great info here, you sure must miss this area! didnt know London has such beautifull area

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 12:38 PM

I really want to live here! Great tips, agree with you the Holly Bush is one of London's best pubs. We've had some great nights here.

• dvideira's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2004 at 12:29 PM

I could use some crepe and a pint of bitter right now :-)) Oh my God ! ! ! That IS my house ! :-) But where did the flowers go ?? ;-(( Thank you so much!I great having someone to share the love for Hampstead streets.

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2004 at 3:50 PM

Agggghhh!! I made the mistake of reading your restaurant tips while I am here starving!!!!!!

Badges & Stats in Hampstead

Have you been to Hampstead?

Latest Activity in Hampstead