"Where the sun shines 350 days a year.." Top 5 Page for this destination Eilat by Sharon

Eilat Travel Guide: 386 reviews and 1,148 photos

Life's a Beach !
At the Dolphins Reef

Eilat is mostly known for being a resort town, for its amazing reefs and the variety of underwater life. Its a treasure & paradise place for divers. Eilat Is also a place for fun and Sun, lots of beaches, Hotels, nightlife, restaurants, bars and more.

The weather in Eilat is very hot most year and in summer time it rise even higher than 40c and can be too hot and dangerous for people whom are not used to such weather and that has sensitive skin ! however, the only comfort is that its dry heat and at least you wont suffer of humid !

Eilat is the southern point of Israel and it ends (on the south) with the border of Egypt (Taba) and at at its eastern side with the Jordanian Border (Aqaba). Those of you who wants to leave from Eilat to Egypt or Jordan can do via this borders.

I have been in Eilat So many times that its impossible to count (used to fly there also for work many times), It can be a real fun place if you know to take it easy to enjoy it and if you know the secret places which are not touristy and crowded... Oh and needless to say that the best is to be with the right company.... other wise you miss the whole point of this place... !

Here are some links that may help you when planing your visit in Eilat:

1. http://www.eilathotels.org/

2. http://www.inisrael.com/tour/eilat/

3. http://www.coralworld.com/eilat/

4. http://www.eilat-guide.com/

5. http://www.ddtravel-acc.com/eilathot.htm

• Pros:A lovely place for Sun, fun, diving & good time..
  • Cons:Be ware of the high tempertures in the summer.
  • In a nutshell:Great place to relax and enjoy.
  • Last visit to Eilat: Feb 2011
  • Intro Updated Apr 2, 2011

• bfdgytre's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2012 at 4:15 AM

I visited Eilat and loved it so much, I decided to stay. If you are looking for a comfy place to sleep, check out my rental units at:

• Aug 15, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Thank you! In fact I think I will be going back to Israel next May! Can't wait! And I'll make sure to study all the tips on your pages before I go :-)

• Dec 19, 2007 at 3:42 PM

the yellow submarine was sold to japan many years ago and never seen in Eilat since.

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Enjoyed reading your pages...Things have changed a lot in 30 years...Would love to go back maybe when my daughter gets older...Greetings from Hungary..Tim

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2006 at 11:19 AM

Eilat looks wonderful...I must go sometime. I'd love to see the dolphins too.

• leffe3's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 10:03 PM

Never made it to Timna - how dumb is that? But then usually passed through Eilat to Sinai. Only spent about 4 nights in total in Eilat..

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2005 at 1:55 AM

Great tips and wonderful pictures!! Thanks a lot for sharing.. I'd love to hike the trails of Timna national park someday with lots of water with me hehehe Thanks!!!

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2005 at 1:21 PM

Excellent page, Sharon! You're right, we didn't make it to the Egyptian border....maybe next time!

• jto's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2005 at 2:50 PM

AAh great remedy for a deep frozen guy like me:) Sun, diving and the dishes looked fabulous too. Something to dream about:)

• Mar 21, 2005 at 3:27 AM

Hiya, We have had a "hankering" to Visit Eilat for a few years, mabe we will get there in the next year or two, thanx for showing me round (virtually)............... Nick

Sharon Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Eilat