Tel Aviv-Yafo Things to Do Tips by Sharon Top 5 Page for this destination
Tel Aviv-Yafo Things to Do: 346 reviews and 756 photos
Azrieli Towers photographed from Platinum Building
Once you arrive to Tel Aviv you cant miss this two huge Buildings which named Azriely Center.
Most of the floors are actually offices but the lowest ones are all shopes, Gym, Cafe's restaurants, Huge SuperMarket etc'.
Also there are places to keep your kids busy with games.
On top of the Circled building there's a nice restaurant where you can have a great View all over Tel Aviv and the area ! If you dont wish to dine there you can only visit the observatory (there's an admission though) Or you can have just drinks in the Bar that watches the other side of the city.
Address: Derech Petach Tikva St.
Directions: Many Busses arrives from the central station to Azrieli. Also some of the Sherut Taxi's. And There's a train Stop just behind the Buildings as well.
Other Contact: http://www.azrielicenter.co.il/
One of the most beautiful if not THE most beautiful neighborhoods in Tel Aviv.
It was built in the end of the 19th century as a Jewish quarter for the people who wanted to move out of Jaffa.
Today it is one of the most trendiest areas in Tel Aviv to live in and to hang out.
I LOVE being there, walking between the small alleys, looking at the colorful houses, windows, doors, Enjoying its nice small cafe's and the special atmosphere there.
Dont miss this place while you're in Tel Aviv !
Address: A south Tel Aviv Neighborhood
The opera Tower
By the beach near Alenby St. you won't miss this place - the Opera Tower.
At the building entrance floor you can find shopes and cafe's / restaurant. Nothing too special just located in a good point where you cross the road and there you are on the beach..
Address: Herbert Samuel St. (The promenad st.)
Nachlat benjamin is a street that has been closed for any cars or public transportation.
Each Tue and Fri 10:00-17:00 there's sort of an arts/handicraft bazaar, with an exceptional concentration of creativity and originality.
There are also Some nice cafe's a nd restaurants around to relax (if you'll be lucky to find a free table) and the whole atmosphere is nice. After you're done with it (if its not too late or maybe before you start with it) you can check whats going on in Sheinkin St. which is just near by, also there its pretty nice on Friday although not in the same way.
Address: Nachlat Benjamin Street
In Sunset time
If you are in Tel Aviv take a bus or a taxi and visit Old Jaffa (Yaffo as we call it).
Jaffa is an old part of Tel Aviv and mostly populated with Arabs but also mixed with Jewish and Christians. You can see some old church's & mosques, Lots of Arab restaurants and sea food restaurants aside some very unique Israeli restaurants.
Many of the old houses there are now renovated at this days and its very nice place to visit at night.
Old Jaffa is also a home for many artists whom are living there and you will find many galleries which you can visit (and buy).
There are organized tours that leaves from Tel Aviv, in this tours you can hear & see all about the History and the beauty of the place.
Address: South Tel Aviv
Fishermans return from the sea..
The area of the port is very old one and very nice to visit. You'll find old houses by new ones or renovated ones. Some restaurants, Mosques and Churches as well.
In the middle of the week this place is really relaxed and nice, during weekends you might find it a bit crowded.
The top of the clock tower, evening time
If you'll arrive to Old Jaffa you won't miss it, its just at the entry to Jaffa from Tel Aviv Direction (Northern Entrance).
The clock tower was erected in the plaza between the "saraya" palace and the "kishleh" prison, next to the Great Mosque, the Mosque of Mahmudiyyeh. The cornerstone was laid on 1.9.1900, on the occasion of the 25th year of the Sultan's rule. Two stories were completed by 1901, and the tower was dedicated in late 1903-early 1904.
Address: Old Jaffa
Inside the church
One of the most or maybe the most beautiful of the chrchus in Old Jaffa.
This is a Roman Catholic CHurch, situated on the hill above the old port of Jaffa.
I must admit i went it and enjoyed sitting inside, it felt so relaxing being there... and the Christmas trees and angels were still litten.. that made it even much more nice !
The Church is open:
08:00 - 11:45 and 15:00 - 17:00 everyday
There are English, Spanish, Italian, German and Polish mass there depends on the days.
Address: Old Jaffa
One thing is sure, impossible to be in Tel Aviv and miss its great beaches. where ever you'll stay in TA it will be close to the beach .... so no chance of missing it.
You have many Cafe's and Bars on the beach's that are open both day and night time. some of the beaches has music and some are more relaxed.
One thing is sure walking on the beach or even just sitting in the afternoon / evening time is a great thing.
Where are those days...
A lovely small flea market out in the small old streets of Jaffa. Very colorful, Lots of old special things to buy aside some new stuff.
Prices are quite cheap and huggling is a custom... well like in all middle east.
Address: Sderot Yerushalayim, Jaffa
Directions: Near the Jaffa clock tower (left if travelling south)
More Reviews (83)
- See All Intimate Tastey Sea Food Bar
- See All Central Small and comfortable
- See All Definitely Special
- Jellyfish Season !!!
- See All Rothschild Blvd.
Sharon's Related Pages
Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "24/7 of Fun"
- "Tel Aviv-Yafo - Alive 24 Hours A Day"
- "Were you looking for a city that never sleeps?"
- "Tel Aviv - Israel's biggest city"
- "My (former) adopted home town"
- "Bregman's Tel-Aviv Yafo Page"
- "The White City Built on Sand Dunes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Hotels in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Transportation in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Nightlife in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Restaurants in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Shopping in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Nanning Hotels
- Harbour Island Hotels
- Millsboro Hotels
- Northern Territory Hotels
Badges & Stats in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- 99 Reviews
- 124 Photos
- 95 Forum posts
- 109 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Tel Aviv-Yafo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Uploaded a Photo to "Brazilian Carnival in the Streets of Tel Aviv"
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: 2 bedrooms Apartment or..."
- Commented on one of RhineRoll's Tel Aviv-Yafo travel pages
- Wrote a Review Intimate Tastey Sea Food Bar about Kazanki in Tel Aviv-Yafo Restaurants
- updated a Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Page "24/7 of Fun"
Photos in Tel Aviv-YafoSee All Photos (124)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 112 reviews, 164 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 99 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 85 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerusalem Intro, 47 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eilat Intro, 44 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead Intro, 27 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nuweiba` Intro, 23 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (42)
Latest Tel Aviv-Yafo hotel reviews
- Ben Yehuda Apartments
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Hotel Nes Tziona
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2012
- Gordon Inn
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Metropolitan Hotel
- 166 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Eden House TLV
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Tal Hotel
- 142 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Hotel de la Mer
- 207 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Dizengoff Beach Apartments
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Cinema Hotel
- 316 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Nina Cafe Suites Hotel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 4, 2012
- Basel Hotel
- 221 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Old Jaffa Hostel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Sheraton City Tower
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- The Diaghilev
- 556 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Old Jaffa- 98 Reviews, 207 Photos
- Tel Aviv Beaches- 31 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Jaffa Flea Market- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Azrieli Center- 10 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Neve Tzedek- 10 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Museums- 14 Reviews, 45 Photos
- The Promenade- 12 Reviews, 33 Photos
- HaCarmel Market- 13 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Nachlat Benjamin- 11 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Old Harbour- 4 Reviews, 16 Photos
See All Tel Aviv-Yafo Things to Do