"..." Sharon's Profile

Landscapes in Israel

Welcome to my Pages, haven't updated them for a long long time but will show you through the main photo in my home page a bit of Israel's beauty.
Unfortunately the photo resolution here is low but we'll try to enjoy what we have here.
You are welcome to see some (pretty few) of my photography in the following link: http://www.photolight.co.il/gallery/6957.html

February 25th, 2009

In the last few months I'm heading down south to the dead Sea area at least once a month. walking around, documenting its death due to its drying and sometimes simply enjoying it by floating , relaxing and the having fun in natural Mud pools.
What can i say, one of my fav' places in Israel, The quiet, the beautiful red mountains of Jordan on one side and the mountains of the Israeli desert on its other side, The quiet lagoons and the feeling you're just way far from the rest of the world (and no, im not talking about the hotels area) the warm desert wind... natural mud pools and sweet water pools in the wild beaches .... little piece of paradise.

For more photos check my
New En Gedi Page & Albums

********************************

February 16, 2008

Day trip to the northern Negev, to Sderot area, to see the anemones blossom and the green fields.
This season is lovely and its great to travel around and the see all the green fields and the wide blossom everywhere.... During March its going to get even nicer !

Cuba, 1998

Out of all the interesting & beautiful places i visited during my life, Cuba is the one place that touched my heart in a way that no other place did. I just realized it has been 12 years since then, and every time i think of Cuba / hear the music / see photos / talk to my Cuban friends who lives in Havana or any other thing that has to do with Cuba, i feel that little pain inside that reminds me how much i want to be back there again.
Last week i took all the photos films from that trip (15 rolls) to the photo's store and they copied it to a CD ! Finally (back then there were no Digi cam's), So im working on the photos now, reorganizing them and Reliving my trip again, it makes me feel so happy and excited again. :-)
So many memories, so many moments that i forgot and are coming back to me now... Sigh... Its just a matter of time till next time. No doubt.

April 14, 2007 - Jordan

I'v returned from Jordan earlier this week. Not for a moment I expected such amazing trip and beauty of nature.... And all this is just here across the border... right "in the neighborhood". Had i knew its what im about to experience i would have done it many years ago.

I've started to work on my Jordan pages, seems that there are many questions that keeps returning in the forum, and now im also receiving those questions by emails from other travelers that want to experience it soon, So i hope to answer at least some of the frequently asked questions and help others.
Asides that, If you just feel like taking part in my experience, you're most welcome to visit my pages and join my short and breath taking trip.

BTW, Sorry for the bad quality of the photo but at this case its mostly due to the weather condition at the desert at that day as well as the max pic' size we can load here in VT.

Israel

May 23, 2007
Finally, after long periods I've started to work (again) / Update my Israel Page
and a lot of useful information can be found there. There are still more things to write about, however im trying to avoid turning it into a monster page and keep it useful without tiring people...

Israel, My home.
Such a small & young country, Such a long history....
One side is green, forests water and even snow at times and the other side is the fascinating wild desert...
Mixed population, culture, food, colors and...well.. actually everything....
To learn more about this unique country, more than what you are used to hear about, check out my Israel pages.

... Mud Mud World :-))) ...

Dead Sea, Israel

A quick day trip to the Dead Sea, Lowest place on Earth.
Desert on one side, on the other side of the sea the Moab (Red) mountains of Jordan, Fantastic place to relax and enjoy nature. We found a great area to enjoy the most natural mud pools, way far from the hotel's beaches or the crowded beaches, just a few people, small pools of mud and small pools of water to wash ourselvs..... BTW, dont miss this mud experience, it s very healthy for our skin and it makes it feel like silk, simply amazing.
I definitely hope to be there again very soon maybe this week, during our Passover holiday.
If you're coming to Israel, even for a short time, don't miss this experience.

Finally a great way to see something of REAL Daily ISRAEL Faces., places, music, people, etc' ...

November 20, 2006:

Just a few days at the north of Israel and im feeling good again, I so much love this area, beautiful landscapes, so relaxing, everything is green at this season, so quiet... just beautiful. I've been again to Mitzpe Hayamim Which is a fantastic SPA hotel (the best one in Israel), a quiet place on the hill watching Lake Kineret (sea of Galilee), the valley around and part of the Golan Heights. Had some great food (they grow most of heir organic food on their lands, Some spoiling massage and other treatments.
Had some walks and quiet time in the nature where no one disturbs you and i have to say it really feels good, i just love it.

These days i'm dreaming again (well almost as always) of Havana & Cuba in general, actually i booked a ticket and was suppose to fly this month but had to postpone it. Hopefuly will make it on spring time.

September 17, 2006:

Its been a beautiful surprising busy summer to me, (except for the war that effected everyone around in this or that way).

Last week we were on vacation in the north of Israel at a relaxing beautiful Spa hotel (Mitzpe Hayamim). During our time there we made two short (half days) trips around the north which i missed so much. one was to En tina Stream and the other was to the southern side of the Golan Heights near the Jordanian border, to Hamat Gader (Hot springs and Baths).
I've built a small page about Hamat Gader so feel free to enjoy it.

Im sorry in advance if i cant reply all my emails due to lack of time.
Thanks & Happy Travels.

2002/3 London

One of my Favorits Cities, Maybe THE ONE ! Been there many times and Lived there for a while. Had a great experiences and a great chance to learn this city as only someone who lives there can.
This is a definite mega city that has everything to offer, Culture, beauty, history, good food (Ok, not the british food) and anything you can think of.
If you are about to visit this city, If you like this city or if you're just curiose, come with me to explore my
London Page and Learn a bit more about this amzing city.

• Intro Updated Sep 3, 2011

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Hey mate. Long time no speak :o) Saw you on someone's page and thought I'd drop by and say g'day. Well, checked out your photos on your photo site and WoW... they are gorgeous! Howie and I have developed an interest in photography and we are enjoying it. Hey mate.... have you thought about going to the big Euro meet in 2015? It's in Tongeren. I can't wait! It will be my first Euro meet :o) Hugs xx

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Sharon, are you going to Quito? I have been there several times, but unfortunately I don't know about any vegan restaurants.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM

sorry to have missed wishing you a happy birthday in time Sharon but hope you had a great day and all is well with you! your main pic is as beautiful as ever!

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Thank you ! no problem at all good wishes are always welcome :)
      Hope all is well with you, take care.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
      Oct 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM

thanks Sharon! are you home in Israel? Im in Xian, China for a while - all well with me so far! you take care too :)

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Dear Sharon, happy birthday.

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Happy Birthday wishes to you.... :)

• Belsaita's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Happy birthday Sharon! Have a great weekend!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2013 at 8:49 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON!! Hope all is well with you and yours!

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Thank you Linda ! All is ok, and i hope same is with you ...we havent spoke for ages :)

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
      Oct 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Yes, everything is fine with me. I know! I don't see you around as much, guess you're too busy with real life these days. Hope it's all good

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Hi Sharon, Happy Birthday. Have a great weekend. PJ

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Dear Sharon, I know it is very late, but happy birthday.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Thank You ! this is never too late and always nice to hear from you. Hope you're doing well these days. Take care.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!