"Beautiful Gorge-town Ronda!" Ronda by sunset_gal
Ronda Travel Guide: 507 reviews and 1,367 photos
Ronda, a small town in Andalucia, is beautiful and important in its own way.
The two things that made me want to visit Ronda initially were its El Tajo gorge and white houses. The gorge is about 100 metres deep and separates the new part of the town from the old.
I made the mistake, though, of travelling to Ronda by bus. The mountainous and winding roads made me nauseous. But, despite that horrible + terrible bus ride up to the town, I am happy that I went there! The landscape there is breathtaking! The houses there are white-washed and alot of them just sit teetering on the edges of the gorge.
This is a town with no buses, so there's alot of walking to be done. The only sign of modernisation is the McDonald's at Plaza de España!
This was taken at the bottom of La Mina. Not many people know of this enclosure or bother to see it, but it's really beautiful. The whole area is surrounded by tall, huge rocks. You can see more pics in my upcoming catalogue! :)
This is the view from the Alameda del Tajo. A leafy park, it appeals to residents and tourists alike. At the end of it, you will get views of the surrounds of Ronda. Click on the photo for a panoramic view ->
- Pros:Beautiful town with unspoiled surrounds
- Cons:Alot of walking to be done! Not exactly a con ;)
- In a nutshell:Get ready to be awed!!
Located at the Casa del Rey Moro, La Mina is a Muslim-era stairway of over 300 steps cut into the rock. It goes all the... more travel advice
sunset_gal's Related Pages
Ronda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bridge over the River Guadalevin"
- "Ronda - Pearl of the Andalusian mountains"
- "Ronda - Spain's amazing gem!"
- "One of the most Beautiful towns in Andalucia"
- "ROMANTIC RONDA"
- "Ronda - Home For A Week, May 04 - Flowers!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ronda
- Hotels in Ronda
- Transportation in Ronda
- Nightlife in Ronda
- Restaurants in Ronda
- Shopping in Ronda
- Warnings and Dangers in Ronda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ronda
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ronda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ronda
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ronda Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provins Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Hobart Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gränna Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Segovia Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jönköping Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
Latest Ronda hotel reviews
- 300 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Enfrente Arte Hotel Ronda
- 190 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Morales Hotel Ronda
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Alavera de los Banos
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hostal Ronda Sol
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Don Miguel
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Royal Hotel Ronda
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2012
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- La Fuente De La Higuera
- 192 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013