"Welcome to my world ..." Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia by goga4444
Republic of Serbia Travel Guide: 5,299 reviews and 13,467 photos
ALL PICS ON THIS PAGE WERE TAKEN BY ME , unless it is written otherwise
NO ONE HERE GETS OUT ALIVE
Little joke dedicated to travelers going to Serbia that send me emails with questions like: Is it safe there? Are there hostility to starngers? Are tourists targets and in danger? etc
Here are the answers: It is safe. There are no hostility , and tourists are not in danger. Just the opposite we like having guests and tourists here :)
So, if you have any other question about Serbia, feel free to contact me, I will try to help if I can :))))
Have nice time in Serbia, 'cause Serbia is such an "exotic" place that you should not miss for the world.
Serbia , Srbija in Serbian is a country located on Balkan Penninsula.Capital city is Belgrade, my favorite place btw .
Other biger towns are Novi Sad( capital of vojvodina), Nis , Kragujevac, Subotica (the northest town in S&M)...
Here are some small towns that you can find on my pages here on VT:Smederevo (on Danube),Veliko Gradiste (also on Danube, on Serbian Romaninan border),Pozarevac (90 km south-east of Belgrade).
Mountains :Divcibare-mountain landscapes.
Villages: Filipovicitravel back in time with me... and see west Serbian old fashion village, Pokajnica winter landscapes
Once upon the time, in the galaxy far away there was a country called Yugoslavia.
Maybe it existed in our imagination, maybe it was real I don't know any more.
I was born in SFRY-Socialist Federative Republic of Yugoslavia, now known as ex Yugoslavia or former Yugoslavia. It was consisted of Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia.
For some people it was happy country, for same it was bad ...But it was my country. A country I loved as a child, and things you love when you are child you hardly forget.
The way I remember it, is like it was happy place, nice people, free, safe. Where ever you go ...all over ex Yu. That is how my childhood was, HAPPY .
And then something went wrong. It was all gone in just second. It lasted longer, but when you are young and you don't understand it, it is just confusing and scary.
Then I lived in FRY (Federative Republic of Yugoslavia), consisted of Serbia and Montenegro.
And now I live in Serbia and Montenegro. I don't know what to say about all that, it makes you wonder who you are and where you do come from in fact.
Here we are JUST SERBIA NOW in 2006.!!!! Is there some other territory in the world that changed so many names and borders in such a short time?!?!??!?! I don't think so... What to say? I don't know. Is it better like this? I don't know, I can only hope it will be for all of us. Is this the end? I hardly think so...
Anyway I don't want to sound pathetic.
I just want people with hate in their hearts to leave my pages right now (and leave no trace of being here).
- Pros:Good night life, leisure time all day long, sightseeing, nature...
- Cons:We change the name so often that you might not know where have you been already...
- In a nutshell:If you came back few times there is a great chance to have different stamps in you passport.
Jelena Jankovi is serbian tennis player, and currently our best player. We have more foloving her steps on WTA list...... more travel advice
Well some orthodox people fast during 6 week fast before Christmas ( we celebrate Christmas on Jan 7th) Now, fasting... more travel advice
- See All Lepenski Vir, 8 000 years ago there were...
- See All NEWS on Serbia
- See All Easter Eggs
- Packing List
goga4444's Related Pages
Republic of Serbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "S R B I J A"
- "Welcome to my world ..."
- "WELCOME TO SERBIA"
- "Republic of Serbia"
- "Visiting medieval monasteries"
- "Budapest->Belgrade->Sofia->Istanbul: the..."
- "Vostani Serbije!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Republic of Serbia
- Hotels in Republic of Serbia
- Transportation in Republic of Serbia
- Nightlife in Republic of Serbia
- Restaurants in Republic of Serbia
- Shopping in Republic of Serbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Republic of Serbia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Republic of Serbia
- 284 Reviews
- 444 Photos
- 35 Forum posts
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Republic of Serbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Republic of Serbia
- updated a Republic of Serbia Travel Page "Welcome to my world ..."
- Posted in Travel Novi Sad Forum "Re: Driving from Zagreb to Novi Sad"
- Wrote a Review Jelena Jankovic in Republic of Serbia Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jelena Jankovic"
- Commented on one of KonstantinII's Republic of Serbia travel pages
Photos in Republic of SerbiaSee All Photos (444)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia Intro, 59 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 18 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thasos Island Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Novi Sad Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Smederevo Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Doboj Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergama Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Veliko Gradiste Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues