"FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS ..." goga4444's Profile

WHISTLE

All pics on my pages were taken by me , unless it is written otherwise :)

Does laptop like milk?

Well I still don't know... Mine sure did try some.

Now how did that happen?

Well I have one bad ass bird that likes to eat human food and he gets really mad if you don't share. ( you can see him in mu T'log, and I know it would be correct to use IT instead of HI, but he is a boy, and he acts like he is a person). And by mad I mean he is screaming like crazy and shakes his head really fast. What I like eating is milk with cookies. Childhood favorite food. And my bird likes cookies LOL Yeah. I got up to give him some and spilled milk over the bed and laptop...

I wonder how did my face look like when I realized what I did LOL.

I don't know but I seem to be "the chosen one" for this type of situations...

Now I turned the laptop up side down, turned it off, unplugged it and removed the battery.

Since I didn't have air compressed spray or anything similar I left it there till next day.

Meanwhile I read all I could find about milk+keyboard on net I asked some friends what to do and guess what? I got many different answers. Ideas were: wash it, put it in the dish washing machine, use dry powder spray cleaner, use ozone spray (compressed air in the can), use alcohol... And what amazed me the most almost everyone stood for their answer and would never do any other thing suggested by others.

Now what an electronic ignorant person should do in that situation? Hope that all of those work LOL and try what you can.

Steps taken:

I removed the keyboard and realized that milk didn't go to the motherboard or any other part. GOOD!

I used some foam spray to clean it.

I washed it with water.

Let it dry for a while and tried it. WRONG!! Don't be impatient wait for a couple of days and then try it.

I cleaned it with alcohol to remove possible grease and impurities and left it dry again over a heating device.

What to do? Is there a perfect advice for cleaning keyboard of milk? I don't think so...

Well I don't know what to tell you folks... It is still drying, I m using USB keyboard and I will try it tomorrow. I hope it will work. I have a feeling that it will work. My feeling is not science related LOL I just think it wont let me down.

Does my laptop like milk LOL I hope it does :)

MORALS OF THE STORY:

Don't let you pet direct your life near laptop. Just away from the laptop.

Try not to drink near your laptop. ( I wasn't so near, and it happened so you might as well drink near your laptop) Will I drink again? Sure I will. I ll just be more careful.

Have an extra 100$ for destroyed keyboard or extra 1000$ if your laptop doesn't like milk...

Maybe you can feed your laptop with milk from time to time LOL Just a little, maybe it will get used.

Get insurance that covers all the accidents.

Well I m joking. but what everyone agrees you have to do is to turn it off as soon as possible, unplug it, remove the battery, turn it up side down and clean it after some time.

I ll try my drying keyboard tomorrow and I ll see how it goes :)

I hope you won't need any of this!

IT WORKS!!!!!

This is my favorite pic of Venice, well of unknown girl in Venice :)

The VERY leaning tower...

• Intro Updated Feb 6, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
goga4444's Profile Photo

goga4444

“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. The Little Prince”

Real Name