"Leilani's Journeys" LBKesner's Profile

Teaching has been a great joy in my life. Over the past decade, it has also opened the door for me to travel the world. Graham Greene said, "Life is never going to be the same again once your passport has been stamped," and for me that certainly has been true. Travel is now a passion, and I love the people, art, architecture, culture, food, history, and landscapes to which travel exposes me. I strive to bring a more international perspective to my classroom, and I appreciate each opportunity I have been granted to see another part of the world. Likewise, I appreciate the gift of seeing my own home through the eyes of a traveler, recognizing the things that make the place I live throughout the year as exotic and unique as the places I'm lucky enough to visit abroad.

Want peace? Make friends around the world!

Travel to meet and appreciate people! Our student tours are ideal for the young and the young at heart, and our most recent tour included participants from age 11 to age 74. The pace is always quick as students and other travelers are introduced to several locations in a short period of time. And, you never know who you will meet along the way! In 2005, several of our participants chose to attend the Wednesday service in St. Peter's Square where Pope Benedict XVI gave his papal blessing, after we visited Michelangelo's Sistene Chapel.

Ms. Kesner's EF Tours

Our Student Trips
2002 -- Dublin, London, Paris
2003 -- Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Northern Italy (Venice and Verona)
2004 -- Hawaii, Australia, and New Zealand / "The South Pacific" Tour
2005 -- London, Paris, Florence, and Rome
2006 -- Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England / "Across the Irish Sea" Tour
2007--Italy / "Rome and the Renaissance" Tour

Additional Travel

July 2001 -- London and Scotland (Alabama Classroom Enhancement Grant for Travel)
June/July 2002 -- Japan (Toyota International Teacher Program)
December 2002 -- Italy
July/August 2003 -- Uganda and Rwanda (with Heiffer Project International)
December 2004 -- Czech Republic (EF Tour Leader's Convention)
June/July 2005 -- Japan (Toyota International Teacher Program)
November 2005 -- Barcelona, Spain (EF Tour Leader's Convention)
February 2006 -- Paris, France
July 2006 -- Dublin, Ireland (Western European Studies Grant)
October 2006 -- Dublin, Ireland (...to enjoy the theatre festival)
November 2006 -- Dublin, Ireland (...to attend a writing course)
July 2009 -- Mexico
2010 in the U.S. -- San Francisco, New York in February, New York in April, Dallas, Baltimore....
December 2010 -- Dublin, Ireland
2012 Travel in the U.S. -- Boston and San Antonio
January 2013 -- Cozumel and Progresso, Mexico

Dreamy Travel Plans for the Future

2013 -- NYC; Temples of Angkor in Cambodia; Paris, France for writing course; St. Petersberg, Russia

2014 and Future Years -- The Taj Mahal in India; Greece & Turkey; Berlin, Germany; Budapest; Peru; Alaska; Portugal and Spain; Cuba; Cinque Terre, Italy; Amsterdam & Holland; The Baltic States; Nordic Countries (Norway/Sweden/Denmark, Tivoli Gardens); Chili; Kenya, Morocco, Tunisia; Brazil; Arengtina, Peru, Costa Rica; Amalfi Coast; The Loire Valley; Provence; Burgandy, France; Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania; Egypt; Vienna & Budapest; Costa Rica; Croatia; etc.

Places I Want to Revisit Again and Again -- Assisi, Italy; Paris, France; Dublin, Ireland; Prague, Czech Republic; Rome, Florence, and Venice; Scotland; Wales; London, England; Kyoto when the wisteria blooms; NYC; San Francisco; San Antonio, Texas.

It's a beautiful world.

Go.

• Intro Updated Jan 5, 2013

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Happy B/D!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Nice to meet you in today's birthday list. A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Wish you all the best to keep travelling years and years. Cheers.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Hi Leilani, wishing you a happy birthday and great happiness

• mccalpin's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Howdy, neighbor! This is Bill in Richardson (VT name: mccalpin). Sounds like a great gig, taking students on trips "for free". I was the assistant to the director to the Univ. of Dallas' Rome campus many years ago - quite an experience seeing Italy through the eyes of 19-year-olds ;-) Bill

• LBKesner's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM

experienceplus.com/about_us/...

This is a great link, offering an award for a teacher to participate in one of their international bike tours!

• walkingtree's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2011 at 8:49 AM

This is a great post! Our student travel programs at Walking Tree often have participants over packing or forgetting important items and this serves as a great guide. Thanks! http://www.walkingtree.org

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Happy Birthday Mrs. Kesner!

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2011 at 4:40 AM

Hello, Leilani! Hereby I would just like to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and all the best! I have already been several tinmes in the US and plan to go next year to Boston for my summer holidays. If you want, we can stay in touch.

Best regards from a sunny Belgrade,

Jasmina

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Happy happy Birthday!! Wishes from Europe:-)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
LBKesner's Profile Photo

LBKesner

“As Graham Greene said, 'Life is never going to be the same, once your passport has been stamped.'”

Real Name