"An important ancient city..." Argos by AndyRG
Argos Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 16 photos
Argos was the most powerful town in Greece 700 years BC. There were even inhabitants many centuries before that one... Mycynae, Tiryntha, Nemea, Epidaurus (famous archaeological places) are all close to Argos.
Nowadays, it is a modern city which is based more in agriculture and the commerce. It is 134 km southwest of Athens.
It is located on the top of a hill (280 m), from where you have the best view of the city. There was an acropolis, but... more travel advice
Next to the sea, to the direction to Nafplio, there are a lot of clubs and musical centres, very close to each other.... more travel advice
AndyRG's Related Pages
Argos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An important ancient city..."
- "bad loutanis"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Argos
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Argos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Argos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 228 reviews, 254 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monemvasia Intro, 58 reviews, 61 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 54 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oia Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mistras Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Spetses Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Achaia Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spetses Island Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos