"Like a suburb of Athens..." Top 5 Page for this destination Chalkis by AndyRG
Chalkis Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 81 photos
Chalkis (Halkida) is the capital of the prefecture of Euboea.
Euboea is a large island in the centre of Greece and Halkida is joined to the continental land by 2 bridges.
The city is 80 km north of Athens (55.000 inhabitants). Euripus sound is famous for the ebb and the flow which are interchanged all the time there.
Halkida is a lovable destination for Athenians, as it is near Athens and the city is interesting. It is the homeland of famous Greeks like Skaribas (poet), Skalkotas (composer), Makris (actor), Mitaras (painter)...
Halkida looks like... Budapest, as it has been built between the two sides of Euripus sound, which divides the city in 2... more travel advice
You can hardly see the train behind the trees, it is the end of the train station. Or would you prefer a boat? more travel advice
AndyRG's Related Pages
Chalkis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Like a suburb of Athens..."
- "Long time ago...."
- "So close"
- "Chalkis - Prefecture of Evia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chalkis
- Hotels in Chalkis
- Transportation in Chalkis
- Restaurants in Chalkis
- Shopping in Chalkis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chalkis
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Chalkis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chalkis
Photos in ChalkisSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 228 reviews, 254 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monemvasia Intro, 58 reviews, 61 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 54 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oia Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mistras Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Spetses Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Achaia Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spetses Island Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos