"Looking for its glorious past..." Lavrio by AndyRG
Lavrio Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 102 photos
Lavrio is a nice port 55 km SE of Athens, about 12 km north of Cape Sounio, where is the ancient temple of Poseidon. It was a rich town in antiquity, but in modern times it fall into decay.
It is famous for the mines and its historical past. During the last years, Lavrio is trying to find again -with success- its previous ascent...
This big hole in the land (like a caldera!), a strange landscape, is a few kilometres north of Lavrio. Be careful not to... more travel advice
The town is an alive museum itself, you can see the newest mines, the hundreds of shafts at a large region, even the... more travel advice
AndyRG's Related Pages
Lavrio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home"
- "Looking for its glorious past..."
- "Ancient History Lesson - Lavrion"
- "no silver anymore"
- "Thorikos/Lavrion Mining District"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lavrio
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Lavrio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lavrio
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 228 reviews, 254 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monemvasia Intro, 58 reviews, 61 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 54 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oia Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mistras Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Spetses Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Achaia Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spetses Island Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos