""Big" town, small island..." Poros by AndyRG
Poros Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 50 photos
Most of the inhabitants of Poros island live in its capital, the town of Poros (it is "big" for the standards of a small greek island).
As usually happens, the island and the main village-town of it have the same name, don't confuse them...
Poros town, a big part of an island of peace and romance, is also famous for the military nave facilities, the educational centre for the Greek Navy.
Walk in the narrow streets and you will discover many nice (neo-classical too) houses, with even more picturesque yards.
This is the view of the port of Poros and the town of Galatas in the mainland from the clocktower. A romantic place,... more travel advice
...and Poros becomes even more fascinating, especially if you start walking in its narrow streets and observe everything... more travel advice
AndyRG's Related Pages
Poros Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Big" town, small island..."
- "Viky's wedding on Poros"
- "Poros island in sepia"
- "Poros Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poros
- Hotels in Poros
- Transportation in Poros
- Shopping in Poros
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poros
- 16 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Poros?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poros
Photos in PorosSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 228 reviews, 254 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monemvasia Intro, 58 reviews, 61 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 54 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oia Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mistras Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Spetses Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Achaia Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spetses Island Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos