"GENT" Gent by dedeckerm.
Gent Travel Guide: 1,472 reviews and 3,832 photos
Ghent is the fourth largest city of Belgium (approx.250.000 inhabitants).
It is not as big as Antwerp but bigger than Bruges.
It is also less famous among tourists than the often praised Bruges.
However, for some people Ghent is the real diamond of Flanders and Belgium.
In a unique way Gent has managed to preserve its medieval power while keeping up with the times. The city center alone is a showcase of medieval Flemish wealth and commercial success.
Modern Ghent certainly cannot be overlooked in Belgium.
The city has an important harbor, thanks to the canal Gent-Terneuzen which allows sea-going vessels to bring their products to the city and its industrial hinterland.
Because of the central location in the country, the 'Flanders Technology' fair can regularly be organized.
The... Things to Do (14)
THE SAINT BAVO CATHEDRAL. The Romanesque church had become to small and started to deteriorate by the end of the 13th... more travel advice
DULLE GRIET ('Mad Maggy') DULLE GRIET is the name of a large medieval canon-gun In the area of the 'Vrijdagmarkt'... more travel advice
dedeckerm.'s Related Pages
Gent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ghent - my hometown"
- "July 21 in Ghent: exotic!"
- "Gent – Flemish city of three towers"
- "Simply Put: A Fabulous City"
- "Gent - Go There - Drink Beer"
- "A love affair begins...."
- "Ghent: The rebellious city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gent
- Hotels in Gent
- Transportation in Gent
- Nightlife in Gent
- Restaurants in Gent
- Shopping in Gent
- Warnings and Dangers in Gent
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gent
- 14 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Gent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gent
Photos in GentSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 23 reviews, 123 photos, 11 travelogues
- The Gambia Intro, 27 reviews, 102 photos, 13 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 25 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Kerkyra Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos, 11 travelogues
- Tunisia Intro, 20 reviews, 85 photos, 9 travelogues
- Cyprus Intro, 16 reviews, 70 photos, 11 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 13 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues