"Ephesus" Ephesus by dedeckerm.
Ephesus Travel Guide: 508 reviews and 1,922 photos
A visit to Efes (Ephesus) - once the, commercial center of the ancient world - is a highlight of any visit to Turkey.
The city, whose wealth and patronage supported its splendid architectural program, was dedicated to the goddess Artemis.
Her enormous temple, once considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and rebuilt several times, dates in its latest form from the third century B.C.
The ruins also include a theatre, gymnasium, agora and baths, as well as the Library of Celsius.
1 - 1 of 1
dedeckerm.'s Related Pages
Ephesus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE WONDER OF EPHESUS"
- "Ephesus - Ancient city"
- "The Inspiring Roman Ruins of Ephesus"
- "Ephesus the open air Museum"
- "Ephesus (Efes) and Nearby Selcuk"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ephesus
- Hotels in Ephesus
- Transportation in Ephesus
- Nightlife in Ephesus
- Restaurants in Ephesus
- Shopping in Ephesus
- Warnings and Dangers in Ephesus
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ephesus
- 1 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Ephesus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ephesus
Photos in EphesusSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 23 reviews, 123 photos, 11 travelogues
- The Gambia Intro, 27 reviews, 102 photos, 13 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 25 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Kerkyra Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos, 11 travelogues
- Tunisia Intro, 20 reviews, 85 photos, 9 travelogues
- Cyprus Intro, 16 reviews, 70 photos, 11 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 13 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues