"ALWAYS IN MY HEART" Timisoara by Dariana
Timisoara Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 370 photos
Is not a easy task to write about Timisoara as a tourist but...I have to do it someday.
The capital city of timis county ,Timisoara, is the third big city in Romania as an important historic,economic financial and scientific town.
There are evidence of men`s presence here since the Neolithic Age;the former Castrum Temesiensis was mentioned since 1212.The city`s development was stimulated in the 14th century by the presence of King Carol Robert of Anjou,who`s residence was here in the new built Huniade Castle,enlarged and redecorated by Jancu de Hunedoara during 15 th century.
In the 16th century, Timisoara was one of the main pointsof resistance against Ottoman expansion who begun to threat Central and Western Europe.Conquered in 1522 was liberated from Ottomans in 1716 and after that begun the "Habsburg period".Annexed by Hungary for over 150 years,Timisoara never forgot its Romanian origins, so...in 1919 The great Popular Assembly voted the eternal union with Romania
It had to be so, because Timisoara played a major role in regaining our freedom. Here was the "point zero" of the Romanian Revolution on December 1989,against communist regimen of Ceausescu.
Did you know?
-In 1884 Timisoara became the first town in Europe to use electric light for illuminating streets.
-In 1899 was the first city with electrifies tramway.
- Cons:If I decided to live here it cannot be cons!
Night or day, a walk along the river is allways a good thing for romantic peoples. more travel advice
Another point of attraction is Unirii Square, the town architectural jewel. After a short walk on narrow streets, the... more travel advice
Dariana's Related Pages
Timisoara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A small gem"
- "Timisoara - A City Of Five Stars"
- "ALWAYS IN MY HEART"
- "Small Vienna"
- "sri-lankan dress in Timisoara"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Timisoara
- Hotels in Timisoara
- Transportation in Timisoara
- Nightlife in Timisoara
- Restaurants in Timisoara
- Shopping in Timisoara
- Warnings and Dangers in Timisoara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Timisoara
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Timisoara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Timisoara
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Vienna Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Provins Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Timisoara Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Amboise Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Centre Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Sinaia Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos