"Skylink's Fort Riley Page" Prairie National Park by Skylink
Prairie National Park Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 40 photos
I started my first VT page on Sydney Australia only last week. It is not finished, but it is at the most advanced stage of construction compared to the other pages.
This is a photo of the Cavalry Museum. Fort Riley is an Army base in north central Kansas has 4 major areas (in my opinion). The Main Post is the central, administrative area of the post. Irwin Army Community Hospital is located there. Custer Hill is another area. The enlisted men housing is here. There is some shopping in this area also. The 3rd area is Camp Fungston. This is near Ogden. At one time, Camp Fungston was home of the retraining brigade. The 4th area is the army air field. There is a ridge (hill) overlooking the air field where there are artillery museum pieces.
I am not certain if Fort Riley is accessible, particularly after the terrorist attacks in the US on September 11, 2001. It may be necessary to wait for an Open House day. (photo courtesy of Ft. Riley public affairs office, permission granted to use here)
Many thanks to brdwtch who visited the open house and told me how things are in Fort Riley.
Nightlife in Fort Riley tends to be of a private nature, such as people having a barbeque or dinner together at a home.... more travel advice
Fort Riley is off the beaten path. Perhaps a visit to Camp Fungston, near Ogden, and looking for any reminders of the... more travel advice
- Fort Riley has been the site...
- The choice of restaurants is...
- If one has army connections,...
Skylink's Related Pages
Prairie National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Skylink's Fort Riley Page"
- "brdwtchr's new Fort Riley Page"
- "Raxxillion's Fort Riley Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prairie National Park
- Hotels in Prairie National Park
- Transportation in Prairie National Park
- Nightlife in Prairie National Park
- Restaurants in Prairie National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Prairie National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Prairie National Park
- 9 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Prairie National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prairie National Park
- Posted in Travel Seattle Forum "Re: SeaTac Park&Fly hotels?"
- created a Prairie National Park Travel Page "Skylink's Fort Riley Page"
- Wrote a Review Nightlife in Fort Riley tends... in Prairie National Park Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Skylink's Fort Riley Page"
- Commented on one of Raxxillion's Prairie National Park travel pages
Photos in Prairie National ParkSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 71 photos
- Kadoka Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 22 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 34 reviews, 6 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Melilla Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- United States of America Intro, 15 reviews, 1 photo
- Nome Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Lille Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo