Singapore Tourist Trap Tips by Skylink Top 5 Page for this destination
Singapore Tourist Traps: 90 reviews and 43 photos
I last visited Sentosa Island about 10 years ago. One Singaporean suggested skipping a visit here. I agree if you are short of time. You might go if you are interested in a beach or want to see a larger Merlion than the one near the Fullerton Hotel and Esplanade.
If you are staying in Singapore for a long time, then consider visiting Sentosa Island.
Someone mentioned to see the Woodlands causeway to Malaysia (north part of Singapore to Johor). It's just a flat, short bridge and nothing to see.
It was built more than 70 years ago when Singapore was a colony. Malaysia is proposing to replace it. They initially proposed a curved bridge, but are now proposing a straight bridge.
Some say that the Malaysians are inflating the cost of the bridge and asking Singapore to pay half of the inflated cost. The Singapore government is reportedly studying the available project details because they don't want to waste money on an inflated project.
A few years ago, a second link to Malaysia was built to the west. Most people who use this ride in private cars because I think taxis either need a special permit to use this route or there is some other restriction.
More Reviews (89)
- See All Labrador Secret Tunnels
- See All very practical, not fancy, shopping...
- See All Exchange rates
- See All Need to explore
- See All Hotel Phoenix/Specialists' Shopping...
- See All Singaporeans are friendly people
- See All Here's how Singapore's passport stamp...
- See All SBS buses with the Silk Air livery are...
- See All Singapore Army Museum is coming!
- See All Singapore Idol 2006 recently finished
Skylink's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "Home away from Home"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 91 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 71 photos
- Kadoka Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 22 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 34 reviews, 6 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Melilla Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- United States of America Intro, 15 reviews, 1 photo
- Nome Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Lille Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Sentosa Island- 77 Reviews, 183 Photos
- Little India- 61 Reviews, 119 Photos
- Zoological Gardens & Night Safari- 127 Reviews, 206 Photos
- Universal Studios- 23 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Songs of the Sea - Sentosa Island- 31 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Orchard Road- 40 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Jurong Bird Park- 50 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Clarke Quay- 29 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Chinatown- 51 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Bugis Street- 14 Reviews, 33 Photos
See All Singapore Things to Do