Singapore Nightlife Tips by Skylink Top 5 Page for this destination
Singapore Nightlife: 198 reviews and 280 photos
This really isn't a good tip but a goofy tip. Travellers visiting Singapore now, why not see Singapore Idol on TV. I was hoping Geraldine would go farther than she did even though her singing, though better than everyday people, wasn't too good. Rahimah and and Gail Nerva can sing, but Gail was cut a few days ago.
Isn't it silly that I'm following the results even though I can't get Singapore Idol in North America. I have to rely on the shows that I saw in June and then see the webpage to see who got eliminated.
EDIT: Rahimah is out. But Jasmine is still in the running! (as of mid August, 2006)
EDIT: There are only 4 remaining contestants. Jasmine is the only girl, the other 3 are boys. (as of Sept. 5)
EDIT: Jasmine just got voted off (Sept. 14th)
EDIT: Hady Mirza won it, yesterday. I did not see the boys show originally so to me, he's just a name. Good luck, Hady.
EDIT: This tip is old, I know. It's kept just for historical purposes. Please don't rate it low, just skip over it.
The Chingay parade is a parade that occurs in February after Chinese New Year. The parade runs along Orchard Road. I saw it in 2005.
Address: Orchard Road
Theme: People Watching
Eski Bar is to the right in photo and behind mall
This is Holland Village Shopping Centre. To the right of this picture and also behind the building are lots of restaurants. The Eski Bar looked like an attractive place. It is kept as cold as a freezer. There’s a woman standing outside who wears a thick winter coat despite the hot, tropical weather. That must be torture! I didn’t go into the Eski Bar. One Singaporean told me that it wasn’t that interesting and that there was a lot of cigarette smoke inside owing to the reduced ventilation in order to keep the cold air inside.
Around the Holland Village Shopping Centre, you will notice several blocked streets at night. Unfortunately in this modern world, this was done to reduce the chance of a terrorist truck bomb due to the high number of expatriates coming to this area for dinner.
If you take the MRT, the closest station is Buona Vista. The Circle Line under construction will also come close to this area. Consider taking the 106 bus getting on in Somerset Road (1 block south of and parallel to Orchard Road) or Orchard Boulevard. This bus then passes the U.S. Embassy and the British and Australian High Commissions on Napier Road. There you can see some fortifications to protect these diplomatic missions.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (88)
- See All Labrador Secret Tunnels
- See All very practical, not fancy, shopping...
- See All Exchange rates
- See All Need to explore
- See All Hotel Phoenix/Specialists' Shopping...
- See All Singaporeans are friendly people
- See All Here's how Singapore's passport stamp...
- See All SBS buses with the Silk Air livery are...
- See All Singapore Army Museum is coming!
- See All Sentosa Island not recommended by some
Skylink's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- "Home away from Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 91 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
- updated a Singapore Travel Page "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- Posted in Travel Seattle Forum "Re: SeaTac Park&Fly hotels?"
- Wrote a Review Labrador Secret Tunnels about Tunnels in Singapore Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Labrador Secret Tunnels"
- Commented on one of imstress's Singapore travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 71 photos
- Kadoka Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 22 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 34 reviews, 6 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Melilla Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- United States of America Intro, 15 reviews, 1 photo
- Nome Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Lille Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Sentosa Island- 78 Reviews, 183 Photos
- Little India- 59 Reviews, 112 Photos
- Universal Studios- 25 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Orchard Road- 40 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Clarke Quay- 29 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Zoo, Gardens- 97 Reviews, 169 Photos
- Jurong Bird Park- 51 Reviews, 111 Photos
- Bugis Street- 14 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Songs of the Sea - Sentosa Island - CLOSED- 31 Reviews, 69 Photos
- National Orchid Garden- 27 Reviews, 63 Photos
See All Singapore Things to Do