Singapore Favorite Tips by Skylink Top 5 Page for this destination
Singapore Favorites: 204 reviews and 259 photos
Favorite thing: There are other versions that allow a shorter stay. Some of them look very similar to this one, though. One stamp is for entry. The other is stamped when leaving Singapore.
Favorite thing: The use of sunglasses does not seem to be too common in Singapore. I'm not sure why. The sun is strong enough in most places in the world so why not wear a pair?
Favorite thing: This is a photo of a ship from the Republic of Singapore Navy that I saw sailing in the harbour. It was speeding much faster than the little ferry that I was on. Upon doing some research, including the MINDEF (Ministry of Defence) website, I found that this ship is one of the Fearless class of patrol vessels commissioned in 1998. It is the RSS Resilience. It is equipped with a 76 mm gun in the front and two Mistral surface to air missiles. The ship was built by ST Marine in Singapore.
Maybe if you look at the harbour, you may spot something of interest? There are some some islands that might be reachable by water taxi.
Favorite thing: All the banknotes have the same guy, the first president of Singapore on the front. On the back of the banknotes are civic virtues. The coins are similar to each other. The front has a coat of arms and the back have flowers.
The smaller denominations coins such as the one cent and 5 cent pieces are rarely seen. Stores round up or adjust down to the nearest 10 cents (which is worth about 5 Euro cents or 6 US cents)
There are some new banknotes that almost look like the old ones. The main difference is that they are made of thin plastic, not paper. They have a transparent window in 2 corners. They feel like Australian currency.
Favorite thing: Big and clumsy looking with a switch on the mains (outlets). However, the metal prongs are thick, sturdy, and not usually bendable like in some countries that don't use the UK compatible system.
The voltage is 220V so don't use American, Canadian, Japanese appliances unless they can withstand the higher voltage (usually they can't except a few travel things, like shavers and some battery rechargers)
More Reviews (86)
- See All Labrador Secret Tunnels
- See All very practical, not fancy, shopping...
- See All Exchange rates
- See All Need to explore
- See All Hotel Phoenix/Specialists' Shopping...
- See All Singaporeans are friendly people
- See All SBS buses with the Silk Air livery are...
- See All Singapore Army Museum is coming!
- See All Singapore Idol 2006 recently finished
- See All Sentosa Island not recommended by some
Skylink's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "Home away from Home"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tak Bai Hotels
- Kennedy Grove Hotels
- Bingham Hotels
- Malabe Hotels
- Bocas del Toro
- Yellowstone National Park
- Torre Pellice
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 91 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 71 photos
- Kadoka Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 22 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 34 reviews, 6 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Melilla Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- United States of America Intro, 15 reviews, 1 photo
- Nome Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Lille Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Singapore hotel reviews
- Beach Hotel
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 17, 2013
- Hangout at Mt. Emily
- 315 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Grand Copthorne Waterfront
- 626 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Fragrance Hotel - Imperial
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Goldkist Beach Resort
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Gallery Hotel The
- 243 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Bugis Backpackers Hostel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2012
- Harbour Ville Hotel
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2013
- Hotel Bencoolen
- 122 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Marriott Hotel Singapore
- 509 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Hotel81 - Opera
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Sheraton Towers Singapore
- 484 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Fragrance - Rose
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Asphodel Inn
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Imperial Hotel Singapore
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Sep 9, 2009
- Sentosa Island- 58 Reviews, 147 Photos
- Singapore Zoological Gardens & Night Safari- 107 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Orchard Road- 40 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Little India- 53 Reviews, 107 Photos
- Clarke Quay- 34 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Universal Studios- 19 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Jurong Bird Park- 46 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay- 42 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Arab Street- 15 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Raffles Hotel- 32 Reviews, 68 Photos
See All Singapore Things to Do