"My native town" Samsun by voyageur2
Samsun Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 62 photos
Samsun is not only the biggest city in Black Sea Region of Turkey but also an important hub for both regional and international transportation and commerce. Cultural and historical diversity makes it an essential point of interest.
Samsun have many problems as a developing city. Traffic is among them. New highway facilitated both intercities and downtown circulation by separating them. Photograph was taken from Duvecik village in 2005. Till now, the city lost many values including intelligent people, artists and investors because of lack of a hopeful future. It will probably reach a welfare by combining its experiences and cooperation of politicians' and dwellers' aims. There are too many solutions from differents aspects of life, but the most important one is to recreate a real and balanced fellowship.
Samsun and neighbouring cities have a rich heritage and many points of interest. Sinop(west) is famous because of its beaches and natural views, Ordu is well known worldwide with its wonderful nuts, Amasya, Tokat and Corum are another good destinations with a glorious past and warm people.
- Pros:beautiful coastal big city
- Cons:unemployment and social problems arising from it
- In a nutshell:worth to discover its hidden past
Saturday Market is worth to discover. Most of the people in Samsun still shops at local markets. Agricultural richness... more travel advice
Very close to city center. Other options would be Yafeya or Omtel. Or you may prefer Cavusoglu Hotel for its proximity... more travel advice
- State Hospital, desperate hours
- Sporty spirit of people...
- refreshing summer winds from Black Sea
- Samsun has long sandy beaches...
- The name of Samsun is coming...
voyageur2's Related Pages
Samsun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HOMELAND OF LEGENDARY AMAZONS, SAMSUN"
- "My native town"
- "Sezbar's new Sinop Page"
- "ebru's new Sinop Page"
- "cinggiskaan's new Samsun Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Samsun
- Hotels in Samsun
- Transportation in Samsun
- Nightlife in Samsun
- Restaurants in Samsun
- Shopping in Samsun
- Warnings and Dangers in Samsun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Samsun
- 13 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Samsun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Samsun
Photos in SamsunSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Samsun Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bodrum Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Duvecik Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amasya Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Luxembourg Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 4 photos
- Fethiye Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos