"ATHENS" Athens by Wojtek_R
Athens Travel Guide: 4,468 reviews and 10,225 photos
I was in Athens about 2 weeks before the 2004 Olympics.
The city was a giant construction zone with heavy security.
The Acropolis Hill is the city's most famous landmark, but there are also many other sites of ancient Greek history
The Parthenon needs no introduction, in my photo, it is being prettied up for the world just prior to the Olympics
If you are lucky enough to go on a clear smogless day, the view from Acropolis hill will provide you with an understanding how Athens sprawls from the centre
Wojtek_R's Related Pages
Athens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Athens, my city!"
- "My trap!"
- "Athens is full of Archaeological sights & History"
- "Athina mou..."
- "Athens afterwords"
- "The Beginning... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Athens
- Hotels in Athens
- Transportation in Athens
- Nightlife in Athens
- Restaurants in Athens
- Shopping in Athens
- Warnings and Dangers in Athens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Athens
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athens
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Gjirokaster Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Abaco Island Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Lima Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Petra Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Bandar Seri Begawan Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Sandakan Intro, 1 review, 4 photos