"QUIRIGUA" Quiriguá by Wojtek_R
Quiriguá Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 57 photos
Home to the spectacular Maya stellae (high posts with hieroglyphs), Quirigua is out of the way, and thus not very touristy compared to the circus that surrounds the ruins of Chichen Itza and Tulum in Mexico.
Spectacular Mayan stellae blend in with the surroundings
These are the main attractions of Quirigua
The United Fruit Company had plantations around the ruins back in the day.
They are gone, but the bananas remain, sadly, most owned by large corporations like Del Monte
Wojtek_R's Related Pages
Quiriguá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quiriguá is an ancient Maya site - UNESCO"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quiriguá
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Quiriguá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quiriguá
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Gjirokaster Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Abaco Island Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Lima Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Petra Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Bandar Seri Begawan Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Sandakan Intro, 1 review, 4 photos