"Let's hit the road!" Traveller_GT's Profile

Wanderlust

I finally figured out what I like best about travelling. It is the people that I meet. Whenever I return home from a trip, colleagues and friends ask what the best part of my trip was. It is undoubtedly the people that I meet. I usually travel alone which gives me plenty of opportunity to make friends along the way. Otherwise, I would be talking to myself, and the men with the white coats would come and take me away. I can honestly say that regardless of where I go, if the locals are fun loving and open, I always enjoy myself. There are sights to see in ever nation, but it is the people that make the difference.

More about my travels...

I love taking wildlife pics. One day I will publish the "best of". I love jungles and rivers. Amazon, Borneo, Madagascar, Sumatra, Central America.... they were all fantastic. Would love to make my way to the Congo one day once things get a bit more settled.

Where to next? Seeing as South Florida is my base, the Caribbean, Central and South America are sooooo easy. However, the cultures are very well represented here. So it is not as exotic as lands far away.

Over the past two years I was lucky to visit some areas that have long been on my top ten list... Azerbaijan, Myanmar, and Mali each in separate trips. What I am ALWAYS lacking is time. I just got to taste these incredible places, but I wish that I could have spent a month more in each area. In Myanmar, even a month is just scratching the surface.

Write me if you have anything to ask, or even say Hello!

Where To Next?

Lets see..... the places on Santas Travel List this year are:

Mozambique - would love to get to Bazaruto

Romania - Anyone been to Salonta or Covasna?

Syria - So much to see.

Cameroon - They seem to have good music there. Also, Senegal puts out some great artists too.

Xinjiang - Sounds interesting.

Brazil - It seems crazy to go to Brazil for less than 3 months.

• Intro Updated Jun 15, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!