"Let's hit the road!" Traveller_GT's Profile
I finally figured out what I like best about travelling. It is the people that I meet. Whenever I return home from a trip, colleagues and friends ask what the best part of my trip was. It is undoubtedly the people that I meet. I usually travel alone which gives me plenty of opportunity to make friends along the way. Otherwise, I would be talking to myself, and the men with the white coats would come and take me away. I can honestly say that regardless of where I go, if the locals are fun loving and open, I always enjoy myself. There are sights to see in ever nation, but it is the people that make the difference.
More about my travels...
I love taking wildlife pics. One day I will publish the "best of". I love jungles and rivers. Amazon, Borneo, Madagascar, Sumatra, Central America.... they were all fantastic. Would love to make my way to the Congo one day once things get a bit more settled.
Where to next? Seeing as South Florida is my base, the Caribbean, Central and South America are sooooo easy. However, the cultures are very well represented here. So it is not as exotic as lands far away.
Over the past two years I was lucky to visit some areas that have long been on my top ten list... Azerbaijan, Myanmar, and Mali each in separate trips. What I am ALWAYS lacking is time. I just got to taste these incredible places, but I wish that I could have spent a month more in each area. In Myanmar, even a month is just scratching the surface.
Write me if you have anything to ask, or even say Hello!
Lets see..... the places on Santas Travel List this year are:
Mozambique - would love to get to Bazaruto
Romania - Anyone been to Salonta or Covasna?
Syria - So much to see.
Cameroon - They seem to have good music there. Also, Senegal puts out some great artists too.
Xinjiang - Sounds interesting.
Brazil - It seems crazy to go to Brazil for less than 3 months.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 14 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
updated their Profile Page "Let's hit the road!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fascinating land"
- created a Azerbaijan Travel Page "Fascinating land"
- Posted in Travel Khett Siem Reab Forum "RE: Tonle Sap boat schedule"
- Wrote a Review Highly Recommended in Egypt Restaurants
- Commented on one of piccolina's Italy travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Eritrea Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Luxor Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Everglades National Park Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Burma Intro, 3 photos
- Azerbaijan Intro, 3 photos
- Barentu Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain 2 reviews
- Egypt 2 reviews
- Trinidad and Tobago 1 review, 1 photo
- Tambopata 2 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos