"A Good Spot to Slow Down" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Francisville by calcaf38

Saint Francisville Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 67 photos

I went through Louisiana too fast, partly because I had planned to stop around Baton Rouge for one night, on my way North to Mississippi. I have lived in the US for thirty years, and I still can't get it into my thick skull that one shouldn't expect to stumble onto a lovely auberge next to a good and inexpensive restaurant in this country. You must plan in advance - and in any case your choice is between sad motels and prissy bed and breakfasts. As it was, Baton Rouge after dark wasn't too inviting, so I found myself on a deserted highway going North, starved and exhausted. I decided to make it to St. Francisville and to stay there for two nights. I am glad I did, as there were several places of interest in the area.

• Pros:Pleasant little town with plenty to see nearby
  • Cons:Too spread out to just park and walk
  • In a nutshell:Spend one day
  • Last visit to Saint Francisville: Jul 2010
  • Intro Updated Oct 19, 2010

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Another interesting page - you're really whetting my appetite to tour the Deep South one day

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2010 at 6:30 AM

Saint Francisville sounds like the sort of odd but interesting place that I too would love. I've never toured a plantation before and that is something I would very much like to do! Thanks for the tour.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2010 at 12:02 PM

This town seems to have everything for Deep South tourism: a plantation with a dysfunctional original family, another plantation that fired Audubon and a penitentiary with an electric chair. (And a restaurant with spicy grilled chicken salad.)

calcaf38

“Un peu plus haut, un peu plus loin”

Badges & Stats in Saint Francisville

Have you been to Saint Francisville?

Latest Activity in Saint Francisville