"A Good Spot to Slow Down" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Francisville by calcaf38
Saint Francisville Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 67 photos
I went through Louisiana too fast, partly because I had planned to stop around Baton Rouge for one night, on my way North to Mississippi. I have lived in the US for thirty years, and I still can't get it into my thick skull that one shouldn't expect to stumble onto a lovely auberge next to a good and inexpensive restaurant in this country. You must plan in advance - and in any case your choice is between sad motels and prissy bed and breakfasts. As it was, Baton Rouge after dark wasn't too inviting, so I found myself on a deserted highway going North, starved and exhausted. I decided to make it to St. Francisville and to stay there for two nights. I am glad I did, as there were several places of interest in the area.
- Pros:Pleasant little town with plenty to see nearby
- Cons:Too spread out to just park and walk
- In a nutshell:Spend one day
This is the smallest plantation house I visited, intimate and "lived in." Its main claim to fame is that naturalist John... more travel advice
This forest is actually in Mississippi, not in Louisiana, but it is not far from St Francisville. This large natural... more travel advice
calcaf38's Related Pages
Saint Francisville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ST FRANCISVILLE, LOUISIANA"
- "A Good Spot to Slow Down"
- "A Setting from the 1800's"
- "BluecatCanoe's new Saint Francisville Page"
- "A nice getaway"
- "Saint Francisville"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Francisville
- Hotels in Saint Francisville
- Transportation in Saint Francisville
- Restaurants in Saint Francisville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Francisville
- 4 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Saint Francisville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Francisville
- updated a Saint Francisville Travel Page "A Good Spot to Slow Down"
- Wrote a Review Oakley House Plantation in Saint Francisville Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Oakley House Plantation"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Are you a tricky planner?"
- Commented on one of bdbrewer's Saint Francisville travel pages
Photos in Saint FrancisvilleSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuenca Intro, 24 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 31 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos
- Quito Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Carlisle Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos