"Heart of Glass - Murano" Isola di Murano by calcaf38
Isola di Murano Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 46 photos
Murano is the closest main Laguna Island, visible from the Northern districts of Venice. For centuries, Murano has been a center of glass manufacturing. To this day, you can watch glass artisans blow, pull, roll, and shape glowing red-hot glass in dirty old workshops.
The island looks and feels interesting, but if your plan is to visit Torcello, Burano, and Murano in one day, you may not have enough time to go very deep while touring Murano.
- Pros:Characterful old industrial center
- Cons:A town-sized glass curio cabinet
- In a nutshell:See the glass blowers, at least once in your life
Most visitors to Murano spend the whole time there wandering from one glass shop to the other. I recommend buying your... more travel advice
calcaf38's Related Pages
Isola di Murano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Murano...Master of Glass"
- "Murano Island"
- "Heart of Glass - Murano"
- "Largest island in the lagoon."
- "glass blowing"
- "The Island of Glass"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isola di Murano
- Transportation in Isola di Murano
- Shopping in Isola di Murano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isola di Murano
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Isola di Murano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isola di Murano
Photos in Isola di MuranoSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuenca Intro, 24 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 31 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos
- Quito Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Carlisle Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos