"Charming town... Not very much to do" Santa Rosa de Copán by calcaf38
Santa Rosa de Copán Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 55 photos
Santa Rosa de Copán is the largest town in Western Honduras, with 42,000 inhabitants. It has been a cigar manufacturing center since the 18th Century. It is a very pleasant town, not as "backward" as Gracias, Lempira... but not as close to the Lenca villages and to the Celaque Mountain either.
Santa Rosa has an attractive central square, and pleasant spots to sit down and relax. You can find a pleasant café for a pastry and coffee, for instance, which would be unthinkable in Gracias.
The historical part of the town is up on a hillock, with what must be well enforced architectural renovation guidelines. The more modern part of the town is down from the hill (a short walk), and that is where you will find the bus station and the cigar factory.
- Pros:Architecture, climate, charm, slow pace
- Cons:Not a whole lot to do in town
- In a nutshell:Archetypal Honduran colonial town
I always like to get a haircut while traveling. This time, the barber was a kid, and the other young barbers were... more travel advice
"Flor de Copan" is a famous cigar manufacturer. Even if you have no intention to ever smoke - let alone a cigar - this... more travel advice
calcaf38's Related Pages
Santa Rosa de Copán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming town... Not very much to do"
- "Santa Rosa de Copán"
- "Busy Capital of the Departmento de Copan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Rosa de Copán
- Hotels in Santa Rosa de Copán
- Restaurants in Santa Rosa de Copán
- Shopping in Santa Rosa de Copán
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Santa Rosa de Copán
- 6 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Santa Rosa de Copán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Rosa de Copán
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Are you a tricky planner?"
- Commented on one of metteks's Santa Rosa de Copán travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Strolling through Santa Rosa, day and evening"
- created a Santa Rosa de Copán Travelogue "Strolling through Santa Rosa, day and evening"
- Wrote a Review A terrible haircut in Santa Rosa de Copán Things to Do
Photos in Santa Rosa de CopánSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuenca Intro, 24 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 31 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos
- Quito Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Carlisle Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos