"The Coffee, Orchid and Cardamom Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Cobán by calcaf38
Cobán Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 102 photos
Coban is situated between Flores and Guatemala City, in a scenic mountainous area. It is famous for its overcast weather, often chilly and damp, which is perfect for growing coffee. Also grown around Coban in significant amounts is the spice cardamom. You actually can smell powerful whiffs of cardamom around town. For visitors, Coban is mainly the base for geological excursions such as the Lanquin caves and the Semuc Champey pools. But it has a certain attraction of its own. There are many internet outlets, with good connections.
- Pros:Vistas and fincas
- Cons:Exhaust fumes
- In a nutshell:Worth a short visit on the way elsewhere
Every market has a slightly different focus. The markets in Coban are less languorous than in Santa Elena, less... more travel advice
The Calvario represents the Stations of the Cross. For the tourist, it offers increasingly attractive views of the city... more travel advice
calcaf38's Related Pages
Cobán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Coffee, Orchid and Cardamom Town"
- "Coban was a Must Stop between Sayaxche and Uspatan"
- "Coban main city of Las Verapaces."
- "Paradise in Central Guatemala"
- "Biotopo Quetzal and Coban"
- "NICE COOL CLIMATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cobán
- Hotels in Cobán
- Transportation in Cobán
- Restaurants in Cobán
- Warnings and Dangers in Cobán
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cobán
- 10 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Cobán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cobán
Photos in CobánSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuenca Intro, 24 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 31 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos
- Quito Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Carlisle Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos