"El Remate, halfway between Flores and Tikal" Top 5 Page for this destination El Remate by calcaf38
El Remate Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 43 photos
El Remate is a small village at the Eastern edge of Lake Peten Itza. It is halfway between the popular town of Flores / Santa Elena and the National Park of Tikal. The road is paved all the way and quite smooth. The drive from El Remate to either Flores or Tikal lasts about 40 minutes. Any minibus from Flores to Tikal or back will stop at the El Remate bus stop if you wave it down.
There is very little to do in El Remate, except to get a glimpse at village life in Northern Guatemala. I spent two good nights there. There is a small Internet Cafe on the main street.
- Pros:Quiet and unspoiled
- Cons:Not much to do
- In a nutshell:Convenient to visit Tikal from
Be sure you take crayons, balloons and such along. Then don't just throw them around like a king throwing coins.... more travel advice
Annimals run freely throughout El Remate: horses, donkeys, turkeys, goats, pigs, and dogs. At night, the birds produce a... more travel advice
calcaf38's Related Pages
El Remate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "El Remate, halfway between Flores and Tikal"
- "A good base for Tikal"
- "El Remate, On the Road to Tikal"
- "On the shore of the Peten Itza lake."
- "El Remate"
- "No probs in el Remate"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Remate
- Hotels in El Remate
- Transportation in El Remate
- Restaurants in El Remate
- Shopping in El Remate
- Warnings and Dangers in El Remate
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Remate
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to El Remate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Remate
Top 10 Pages
- Cuenca Intro, 24 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 31 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos
- Quito Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Carlisle Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos