"Overwhelmed in Cuenca" Cuenca by calcaf38
Cuenca Travel Guide: 275 reviews and 825 photos
As of now - and to my surprise - this Cuenca page is my longest, heaviest page on VT. I can't say that Cuenca is my favorite place on earth. It is too intense, too overwhelming for that. But as you can see, it is also an interesting place, with plenty to see, plenty to absorb, and plenty to learn.
Cuenca was my last stop in Ecuador. I expected an idyll, like Cuzco, or a bonbon, like Antigua Guatemala. But Cuenca was a mix of fascination and heartbreak. I am happy I went to Cuenca and got to see so much in a short time. But I can honestly say I shall not return.
The elevation of Cuenca is 2,596m = 8,517ft
- Pros:Churches, Markets, Museums, Architecture, Atmosphere
- In a nutshell:A Destination of considerable historical and human interest
This austere religious museum, set in the infirmary of a convent, is a wonderful find. The air crackles with a blend of... more travel advice
Cuenca is the world center for what is called, inaccurately, the "Panama Hat." A few remaining old-fashioned factories... more travel advice
calcaf38's Related Pages
Cuenca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Viva Cuenca!"
- "Cuenca: A Choice Destination"
- "A World Heritage Site!"
- "Cuenca in Ecuador"
- "Cuenca - Ecuador"
- "Overwhelmed in Cuenca"
- "Cuenca, a Real Gem of a City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cuenca
- Hotels in Cuenca
- Transportation in Cuenca
- Nightlife in Cuenca
- Restaurants in Cuenca
- Shopping in Cuenca
- Warnings and Dangers in Cuenca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cuenca
- 24 Reviews
- 126 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Cuenca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cuenca
Photos in CuencaSee All Photos (126)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuenca Intro, 24 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 31 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos
- Quito Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Carlisle Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos