"The Most Important Inca Ruins in Ecuador" Ruinas de Ingapirca by calcaf38
Ruinas de Ingapirca Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 37 photos
If the Ingapirca ruins were in the United States, or in Europe, there would be a major park all around, and millions of visitors every year.
If they were in Ecuador, but in a geological and ecological prime spot (like a certain Inca site in Perú), Ingapirca would be a household name.
As it is, the Ingapirca ruins are two hours from Cuenca, and too close to a nondescript village. The somewhat drab surroundings can distract from the site itself, which is interesting.
So don't expect Ingapirca to be Machu Picchu, or even Pisac (where the site is more attractive than the ruins). But if you're traveling from Quito to Cuenca, Ingapirca is definitely worth a two to three hour stop.
The elevation of Ingapirca is 3,180m = 10,433ft
- Pros:The only circular Inca temple. Interesting stone color variations
- Cons:The setting is unremarkable
- In a nutshell:If you're into ruins, you can't miss Ingapirca
Some of the remains of Ingapirca are barely more than outlines of what once was. While it is interesting to guess what... more travel advice
It is hard to visualize what the place must have looked like when new, so one small structure has been erected,... more travel advice
calcaf38's Related Pages
Ruinas de Ingapirca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Most Important Inca Ruins in Ecuador"
- "The Most Famous Archeological Site in Ecuador"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ruinas de Ingapirca
- Hotels in Ruinas de Ingapirca
- Transportation in Ruinas de Ingapirca
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ruinas de Ingapirca
- 8 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Ruinas de Ingapirca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ruinas de Ingapirca
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Are you a tricky planner?"
- Commented on one of darthmilmo's Ruinas de Ingapirca travel pages
- Wrote a Review Other Structures in Ruinas de Ingapirca Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Other Structures"
- created a Ruinas de Ingapirca Travel Page "The Most Important Inca Ruins in Ecuador"
Top 10 Pages
- Cuenca Intro, 24 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 31 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos
- Quito Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Carlisle Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos