"Sunday Morning Market in Pujili" Pujilí by calcaf38
Pujilí Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 27 photos
You can easily find out, on the web, which day of the week every town in the Andes had its big market. I was able to catch a very authentic market in Pujili on my way from Machachi to Patate.
Pujili is a little off the Panamericana Highway, but it is easy to get to.
Although the Pujili market is not a tourist destination, for me it was the perfect opportunity to observe and admire the local traditions. I have written a few tips if you are interested, and gathered some lose photos into a travelogue.
The elevation of Pujili is 2,900m = 9,514ft
- Pros:Unspoiled market town where best to observe Andean society
- Cons:Can be hot, very bright to the eyes, and a bit dusty
- In a nutshell:A slice of life
The Pujili Sunday Market is near the bus terminal, and spreads over several blocks covering many acres. As with other... more travel advice
In all Andean markets, much of the space and energy is devoted to lunch counters for the vendors. The lunches in Pujili... more travel advice
calcaf38's Related Pages
Pujilí Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sunday Morning Market in Pujili"
- "Pujili, a nice stop along the Quilotoa Loop"
- "Pujili Ecuador"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pujilí
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Pujilí?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pujilí
Photos in PujilíSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuenca Intro, 24 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 31 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos
- Quito Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Carlisle Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos