Saint Petersburg Off The Beaten Path Tips by ania70pl
Saint Petersburg Off The Beaten Path: 251 reviews and 359 photos
The cruiser Aurora, built in St. Petersburg between 1897 and 1900, took an active part in the Russian-Japanese War of 1904-05 and participated in the Tsusima battle, in which most of Russia's Pacific fleet was destroyed. After the war the ship was used for personnel training and during the October revolution of 1917 gave the signal (by firing a blank shot) to storm of the Winter Palace, which was being used as a residence by the democratic, but largely ineffective Provisional Government.
During World War II and the 900-day Siege of Leningrad the guns of the ship were taken down and used on the front line of the city's defenses. After the war the ship was carefully restored and used as a free museum and training ship for cadets from the nearby Nakhimov Navy School.
This cathedral is very close to the Peterhof but except its name I don't know anything about it.
When you are in the Tsar's Village visit also beautiful park around the palace. If it only wouldn't rain when I was there and I wouldn't have to wear so many clothes (look at the pic, I have two jackets on me;-)) I'm sure I'd spend more time there walking and enjoying the park.
More Reviews (18)
ania70pl's Related Pages
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Petersburg: a City for all Seasons"
- "St Petersburg : City of Peter the Great"
- "St. Petersburg in Spring"
- "STUNNING ST. PETERSBURG!"
- "St. Petersburg - City of cathedrals and bridges"
- "St Petersburg in Summer"
- "Russian for beginers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Petersburg
- Hotels in Saint Petersburg
- Transportation in Saint Petersburg
- Nightlife in Saint Petersburg
- Restaurants in Saint Petersburg
- Shopping in Saint Petersburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Petersburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg
- 21 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: Nightlife in Poland"
- Commented on one of Yubert's Saint Petersburg travel pages
- updated a Saint Petersburg Travel Page "St.Petersburg- you have to visit this city"
- Uploaded a Photo to "St.Petersburg- you have to visit this city"
- Wrote a Review Watching opening of the bridges about Other Attractions in Saint Petersburg Nightlife
Photos in Saint PetersburgSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 53 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Poland Intro, 40 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Szczawnica Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Tatrzanski Park Narodowy Intro, 25 reviews, 22 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Turkey Intro, 22 reviews, 17 photos
- Zakopane Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Cathedrals and Churches- 272 Reviews, 539 Photos
- Hermitage- 257 Reviews, 435 Photos
- Nevsky Avenue- 74 Reviews, 111 Photos
- Rivers and Canals- 79 Reviews, 179 Photos
- St.Peter and St.Paul's Fortress- 108 Reviews, 198 Photos
- Monuments- 92 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Museums- 166 Reviews, 297 Photos
- Parks and Squares- 78 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Palaces- 102 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Theaters and Concert Halls- 63 Reviews, 75 Photos
See All Saint Petersburg Things to Do