Saint Petersburg Off The Beaten Path Tips by ania70pl
Saint Petersburg Off The Beaten Path: 248 reviews and 344 photos
The cruiser Aurora, built in St. Petersburg between 1897 and 1900, took an active part in the Russian-Japanese War of 1904-05 and participated in the Tsusima battle, in which most of Russia's Pacific fleet was destroyed. After the war the ship was used for personnel training and during the October revolution of 1917 gave the signal (by firing a blank shot) to storm of the Winter Palace, which was being used as a residence by the democratic, but largely ineffective Provisional Government.
During World War II and the 900-day Siege of Leningrad the guns of the ship were taken down and used on the front line of the city's defenses. After the war the ship was carefully restored and used as a free museum and training ship for cadets from the nearby Nakhimov Navy School.
This cathedral is very close to the Peterhof but except its name I don't know anything about it.
When you are in the Tsar's Village visit also beautiful park around the palace. If it only wouldn't rain when I was there and I wouldn't have to wear so many clothes (look at the pic, I have two jackets on me;-)) I'm sure I'd spend more time there walking and enjoying the park.
More Reviews (18)
ania70pl's Related Pages
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Petersburg: a City for all Seasons"
- "St Petersburg : City of Peter the Great"
- "St. Petersburg in Spring"
- "STUNNING ST. PETERSBURG!"
- "St. Petersburg - City of cathedrals and bridges"
- "St Petersburg in Summer"
- "Saint Petersburg~ Russia at its best!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Petersburg
- Hotels in Saint Petersburg
- Transportation in Saint Petersburg
- Nightlife in Saint Petersburg
- Restaurants in Saint Petersburg
- Shopping in Saint Petersburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Petersburg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bad Soden am Taunus Off The Beaten Path
- Borovec Off The Beaten Path
- Isle of Arran Off The Beaten Path
- Chichester Off The Beaten Path
- Senigallia Off The Beaten Path
- Syros Island Off The Beaten Path
- Heviz Off The Beaten Path
- Claude Monet's Garden in Giverny
- Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) Off The Beaten Path
- Auckland Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg
- 21 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg
- Posted in Travel Gdansk Forum "Re: How convenient to travel by..."
- Commented on one of Yubert's Saint Petersburg travel pages
- updated a Saint Petersburg Travel Page "St.Petersburg- you have to visit this city"
- Uploaded a Photo to "St.Petersburg- you have to visit this city"
- Wrote a Review Watching opening of the bridges about Other Attractions in Saint Petersburg Nightlife
Photos in Saint PetersburgSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 53 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Poland Intro, 40 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Szczawnica Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Tatrzanski Park Narodowy Intro, 25 reviews, 22 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Turkey Intro, 22 reviews, 17 photos
- Zakopane Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (78)
Latest Saint Petersburg hotel reviews
- Comfort Hotel St. Petersburg
- 183 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Arbat Nord Hotel
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 17, 2013
- Sky Hotel
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Hostel Metro Tour
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 16, 2012
- Park Inn Pulkovskaya
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Novotel St Petersburg Centre
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Hotel SPB Vergaz
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Nevsky Prospect B&B
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 31, 2011
- Saint-Petersburg Hotel
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Ekaterina - Tsarskoe Selo
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 9, 2013
- Renaissance St. Petersburg Baltic Hotel
- 206 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Nevsky Forum Hotel
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Nevsky Hotel Moyka 5
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Hostel All Seasons
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013
- Hermitage- 245 Reviews, 392 Photos
- Cathedrals and Churches- 266 Reviews, 509 Photos
- Monuments- 89 Reviews, 157 Photos
- Museums- 152 Reviews, 237 Photos
- St.Peter and St.Paul's Fortress- 105 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Palaces- 99 Reviews, 196 Photos
- St.Isaac's Cathedral- 55 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Theaters and Concert Halls- 61 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Parks and Squares- 76 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Nevsky Avenue- 73 Reviews, 109 Photos
See All Saint Petersburg Things to Do