Madrid Warnings Or Dangers Tips by ger4444 Top 5 Page for this destination
Madrid Warnings and Dangers: 144 reviews and 66 photos
Madrid has traffic jam on Friday as everyone is leaving the city. Try not to travel by car this day. As for taxis, they are obligated to leave the meter on, but they try to chat sometimes. you can avoid problems by asking a receit.
As we were in Toledo we wanted to go to the railroad station in the late evening. there were no taxies going there anymore. If you have the same problem, considering you dont want to go on feet to the far away train station, there is a busstation near outside the walls. you can buy tickets there to Madrid.
in 2007 there have been numerous reports on so called fake police. These "police people" wear civilian clothes and identify them with a fake badge. There is always two of them. You are asked to give them your valuables. Without that you notice they steal money from your wallet. Dont trust un-uniformed "police men" just insist walking to the police office before identifying or look for a nearby uniformed policemen. this will scare them off.
Leaving Barajas by plain can be troubles. You get a gate area (A B C etc) but not the exact gate number. Then at the monitors suddenly the gatenumber is showed and you can go sit at that gate. However, beware that the gate number can change suddenly a few minutes before boarding, then you can find yourself running to the other side of the departure hall. So dont go sitting without listening to the messages or watching the monitor constantly.
As we were in the Retiro park early morning we found some types lying in the bushes under trees who were "sjjj sjjj" at us, inviting us to have "chocolad" or alcahol. these people try to get you drunk or drugged and then rob you. nowadyas there is lots of police in el retiro but these people still try to hang around the park
More Reviews (200)
- See All road map
- See All salty food
- See All typical catillian tavenrna
- See All O neill's
- See All pleasant
- See All Film Festival
ger4444's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 205 Reviews
- 270 Photos
- 38 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
Photos in MadridSee All Photos (270)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 361 reviews, 443 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 205 reviews, 270 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 132 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 71 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 73 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koprivshtitsa Intro, 52 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veliko Turnovo Intro, 50 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bansko Intro, 33 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arbanasi Intro, 32 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Plaza Mayor- 142 Reviews, 248 Photos
- Retiro Park- 127 Reviews, 251 Photos
- Prado Museum- 167 Reviews, 232 Photos
- Royal Palace- 126 Reviews, 230 Photos
- Bullfighting- 60 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Puerta del Sol- 89 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Almudena Cathedral- 66 Reviews, 127 Photos
- Reina Sofia Museum- 52 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Gran Via- 44 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Atocha- 38 Reviews, 67 Photos
See All Madrid Things to Do