Phoenix Hotel Tips by dshinkle Top 5 Page for this destination
Phoenix Hotels: 24,066 reviews and 125 photos
Wyndham Buttes Resort
I have read a lot of bad things about the Buttes (usually too much noise from the nearby freeway and that it is a bit older), but I have always loved it's location. It is perched on a hill (a butte) overlooking Tempe and Phoenix. They were running a special so I decided to stay there last weekend and find out for myself.
I had a great time. The room was spacious and clean, there was no noise from the freeway that runs about 200 yards away, and the staff was very friendly.
This resort is all about the pool and the restaurants. The pool curves through the side of the mountain, so that as you sit at the pool you are looking down on the city and all the mountains. The view is stunning. There is a great bar next to the pool and you can order food right there. The prices are also very reasonable. At other resorts a margarita can cost $12.00. Here they were selling them at 2 for $5 (on a Saturday night even). And the burger I ordered poolside was so good I ordered another one the next day.
The restaurants here shine. Top of the Rock is considered one of the most romantic in Phoenix. I had the Sunday buffet at the Market Cafe. $14.00 with an incredible view.
And the best part about the resort is the location. Mill Ave is 2 miles away and downtown Phoenix is 10 minutes.
If you are looking for a nice resort that isn't too expensive, consider the Buttes.
Unique Qualities: * Luxurious, homelike rooms with spectacular views
* Three restaurants and three bars - including outdoor seating
* Free-form pool, 4 mountainside spas, sand volleyball, lighted tennis courts, jogging and biking trails and a fully equipped fitness center
Address: 2000 Westcourt Way, Tempe, Arizona 85282
Comparison: about average
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
The Princess is a 5 star resort that is the perfect base for any north Scottsdale / Phoenix vacation.
If you are traveling with kids, this is a great place to stay. They have adult and kiddy pools, twin waterslides, swim up bars, and the pool is always a perfect temperature. At night they have a dive-in movie, where you float on inner tubes and watch a kid-oriented movie in the pool (when I went it was Toy Story 2).
In the summer they have deep discounts.
Next door are two TPC golf courses, which are also deeply discounted in the summer (just get an early T-time).
The neighborhood around it is beautiful desert and one of the richest areas of North Scottsdale. Great restaurants like Barcelona are nearby as is shoppling such as Desert Ridge and Kierland Commons. You can go for a walk up pinnacle peak, or arrange with the hotel for an amazing balloon ride or jeep trip (I recommend both).
Unique Qualities: The resort is on 450 acres, so there is plenty of desert beauty. We had the cheapest room there and it was a full suite with a great view of a lake and it looked brand new.
Address: 7575 E PRINCESS DRIVE, SCOTTSDALE AZ 85255
Comparison: more expensive than average
More Reviews (35)
- See All The Heard Museum
- See All Mystery Castle
- See All Best place to run into a celebrity...
- Scottsdale Trolley
Phoenix Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Phoenix, Arizona!"
- "VAlley in the Sun"
- "Phoenix Arizona"
- "Phoenix and Scottsdale--Jewels of the Desert"
- "Spring In The Desert"
- "Arizona, Republic of"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phoenix
- Hotels in Phoenix
- Transportation in Phoenix
- Nightlife in Phoenix
- Restaurants in Phoenix
- Shopping in Phoenix
- Warnings and Dangers in Phoenix
- See All...
Explore the World
- Playa Grande Resort
- Hampton Inn Niceville-Bluewater Bay
- Bahia Mar Beach Resort
- Holiday Inn Express Tucson North-Oro Valley
- Captain's Quarters Motel
- Renaissance Koln Hotel
- Anaheim Park Hotel
- The Grandview At Las Vegas
- Ramada Limited Key Largo
- Paradise Stream Resort
- Atlantic Palms Resort
- Somerset Gateway
- Mayfair Hotel
- Fiesta Hotel Oasis Paraiso
Badges & Stats in Phoenix
- 37 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 49 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Phoenix?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phoenix
Photos in PhoenixSee All Photos (66)
Read real reviews about Phoenix Hotels!
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (1)
Latest Phoenix hotel reviews
- Arizona Grand Resort
- 1117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa
- 1678 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa
- 926 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Marriott's Canyon Villas
- 329 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Budget Suites of America
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 2, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Phoenix-Airport
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Canyonview Resorts Club South Mountain Preserve
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- InnPlace Hotel Phoenix North
- 166 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Hampton Inn Phoenix - I-10 - West
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
- 1094 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Budget Lodge of Phoenix
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Hide-Away Lodge Motel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Royal Palms
- 716 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Clarendon Hotel And Suites - Phoenix Midtown
- 441 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Desert Botanical Garden- 23 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Scottsdale's Art District and Old Town- 9 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Taliesin West: Frank Lloyd Wright- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Mountains- 16 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Arizona Center- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Phoenix Zoo- 12 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Heard Museum- 15 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Jeep Tour- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Sedona Day Trip- 6 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Arizona State University- 6 Reviews, 7 Photos
See All Phoenix Things to Do