"Fong-Mantus's new Tajikistan Page" Tajikistan by Fong-Mantus
Tajikistan Travel Guide: 226 reviews and 703 photos
As summers are ferociously hot and winters bitterly cold, spring (April to June) and autumn (September to November) are the best seasons to visit Tajikistan. If you do decide to battle the winter, be aware that many domestic flights are grounded and finding food can be a problem since lots of eateries close for the season.
Tajik ancestry is a murky area but the lineage seems to begin with the Bactrians and the Sogdians. In the 1st century BC the Bactrians had a large empire covering most of what is now northern Afghanistan, while their contemporaries, the Sogdians, inhabited the Zeravshan valley in present-day western Tajikistan, until displaced by the Arab conquest of Central Asia during the 7th century. The invaders succeeded in bringing Islam to the region, but the Arab domination wasn't secure and out of the melee rose another Persian dynasty, the Samanids. The brief era of the Samanids (819-992) gave rise to a frenzy of creative activity. Bukhara, the dynastic capital, became the Islamic world's centre of learning, nurturing great talents like the philosopher-scientist Abu Ali ibn Sina and the poet Rudaki - both now claimed as sons by Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan
Expedition of the UNESCO Programme “The Great Silk Road - the Road of Dialogue” more travel advice
National dances of Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan often have elements of Indian dance. more travel advice
Fong-Mantus' Related Pages
Tajikistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tajikistan - gateway to the Pamirs :-))"
- "Tajikistan - pieces of a puzzle"
- "Tajikistan - a hospitable land"
- "Tajikistan: Ancient Persia is Alive"
- "Forgotten Wonderland"
- "Activities in Tajikistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tajikistan
- Hotels in Tajikistan
- Transportation in Tajikistan
- Nightlife in Tajikistan
- Restaurants in Tajikistan
- Shopping in Tajikistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Tajikistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tajikistan
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Tajikistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tajikistan
Top 10 Pages
- Chile Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- China Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ukraine Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Angola Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Tajikistan Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Japan Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Saudi Arabia Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Brunei Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Andorra Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.