"The Disco boys 1979" Fremont by sargentjeff
Fremont Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 42 photos
I lived in fremont for five years 2nd-6th grade before my family moved to Manteca (see manteca page). Fremont is in the southeast San Francisco Bay Area and had grown incredibly over the past 20 years. Photo below is my best friend darrel and me when we were kids.
Darrel and I were pretty tight buds. We did all sorts of crazy stuff together. 11 year old boys can get into all kinds of trouble, and we were no exception.
We actually got into a fist fight one time. He got the best of me, but after that, we became best friends. Guess we gained each other's respect. From then on we were always hanging out.
My parents were pretty strict, his were pretty cool. Therefore, I used to go over his house and stay the night on weekends. We used to do the toilet paper things on houses. One time it was 2 in the morning. We snuck out of his house and went to 7-11 to buy 16 rolls of toilet paper to get this girls house who we really didn't like too much. The store clerk wondered about this purchase, and we told him our mother was very ill, and needed lots of toilet paper. He didn't ask any more questions...
Another time, Darrel and I were playing in the playground and this really big girl's mother walked by and I said, "something stinks around here" Oh boy was that a stupid thing to say. That lady went to the school office, got the assistant principal to escort her to my class. They pulled me out and I was put on after school detention. But that's not the end of the story. This lady told her daughter about the incident, and this big, big black girl kicked my butt the next day at recess. She grabbed me by the hair and swung me around like a dolly. She then let go, or so I thought, but only because she pulled out a big chunk of my hair.
I apologized and from then on, I watched my back around her.
Come to think of it. I got my butt kicked too much as a kid. I just didn't think fighting was an answer. I always preferred to negotiate things. Some people don't like to talk with their mouths, or use their heads.
sargentjeff's Related Pages
Fremont Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Fremont, California Page"
- "FREMONT, California"
- "A night out......"
- "Fremont, CA is where I grew up"
- "The Disco boys 1979"
- "Just starting to fill in info"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fremont
- Transportation in Fremont
- Restaurants in Fremont
- Warnings and Dangers in Fremont
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fremont
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Fremont?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fremont
Photos in FremontSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 78 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 40 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vicenza Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Utrecht Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manteca Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue