"Tucson, AZ.....Indian Casinos Galore" Tucson by sargentjeff
Tucson Travel Guide: 960 reviews and 2,220 photos
I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca a couple times, and if you've been there, you know that Tucson is the closest piece of civilization you can find around. It was about an 80 mile drive, but well worth the time. I have been to Tucson several times, and actually, the nightlife here is pretty good. Shopping at the malls is nice, as they are big, modern, and full of great stores. Old town Tucson is cool to visit, but what I remember the most are the thousands of Saguaro Cacti in the surrounding hills. The University of Arizona is in Tucson, so it's a definite college town. You can see
The area is very hot in the Summer, and I have driven from here back to Sierra Vista (home of Ft. Huachuca) in winter when it snowed. Odd, but it happens.
The area is also home to several indian reservations, which operate casinos, as the US law allows them to do this. Kind of a "We're sorry for pushin' you guys around. Now you can open some casinos and rip of all the pale face customers."
Tucson sits in a valley next to the Catalina mountains, which provide stunning views, and beautiful sunsets. Arizona sunsets and lightning storms are some of the prettiest I've ever seen. The red desert floor really makes a nice setting for the green cacti and the mountains.
- Pros:Great weather, and the only source of culture around
- Cons:Typical American city with Circuit City, Malls, McDonalds, and the rest...
- In a nutshell:In Southern Arizona, it's about your only hope of a good time
If you visit Tucson, a trip by this mothball fleet of vintage US combat aircraft is worth a stop. There are hundreds of... more travel advice
Do not wear Arizona State University clothing. Tucson is home to the U of A Wildcats. Great Division I school in NCAA... more travel advice
sargentjeff's Related Pages
Tucson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Tucson Page"
- "Capitol of southern Arizona"
- "~Tucson ~"
- "A Modern City in the Old Pueblo"
- "a great place to visit, a quirky place to live"
- "Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum"
- "Tucson has it all!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tucson
- Hotels in Tucson
- Transportation in Tucson
- Nightlife in Tucson
- Restaurants in Tucson
- Shopping in Tucson
- Warnings and Dangers in Tucson
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tucson
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Tucson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tucson
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 78 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 40 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vicenza Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Utrecht Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manteca Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue