"Mettlach - Home of Villeroy & Boch" Mettlach by sargentjeff
Mettlach Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 45 photos
It was the most beautiful weather all year, and probably the token day of summer I'd experience. Summer only comes one week a year in this part of Germany. I'm kidding of course, but good weather is the exception around these parts. Mettlach is neatly tucked away amist the rolling hills of the Saarland in southwestern Germany, and is quite an inviting environ for a visit. In a future visit I'd definitely want to take the bicycle for a nice ride on the river, as there are picturesque trails that provide spectacular views of the river, steeply terraced vineyards, and countryside.
Not that I'm a big fan of tableware, or anything related, but I have to admit I know a great deal when I see it. You probably can't resist the fantastic prices on some fine china at one of the Villeroy & Boch shops located here.
Just next to where I took this photo is one of the Villeroy & Boch stores. I had just returned from Iraq, so I thought it would be nice to head off to a place my ex-wife wanted to visit. There seemed to be so much more here than we could experience on a short day trip, but we did enjoy our time here. There are several restaurants, cafes, and hotels in this small town, which I'm sure are geared towards those seeking goods from Villeroy & Boch.
- Pros:Beautfiul place to visit, and great deals on homeware
- Cons:None founds
- In a nutshell:A must for those wanting to upgrade their China collection
sargentjeff's Related Pages
Mettlach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ceramics and the Loop of the Saar"
- "Mettlach near the Saar loop"
- "Mettlach - Home of Villeroy & Boch"
- "Finally, I found my dishes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mettlach
- Hotels in Mettlach
- Transportation in Mettlach
- Shopping in Mettlach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mettlach
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mettlach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mettlach
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 78 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 40 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vicenza Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Utrecht Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manteca Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue