" LUXEMBOURG - Very Nice" Luxembourg by sargentjeff
Luxembourg Travel Guide: 642 reviews and 1,628 photos
...during the drive, and woke up in the city I'd think I was in France. I didn't see a real "Luxembourg" culture here, but I"m sure there is one. Everyone spoke French, and all the street signs are in French. I guess that since it's such a small country it'd be really difficult to have a separate language. But, I've read that there are some who speak a mixture of German and French - Germench? Anyway, it is a beautiful city indeed, and I'm definitely going to stop there again soon. We decided (well I suggested) to Mar that we head to Luxembourg on a Saturday afternoon, since it's only about 110km from Baumholder. She eagerly agreed, and we took off to check it out. The weather was a bit chilly, but tolerable in December. I left my jacket in the car thinking I would warm up by walking arond. Tip #1: Carry that jacket with you....
I didn't know too much about the place, and still don't compared to many, but I was able to learn a little in the museum about a city of significant strategic importance that has remained one of the crossroads in Europe. Luxembourg itself is impressive, to say the least. Stand atop one of the casemates and peer down to the Pèltrusse River to see what I'm talking about. It's awesome to imagine the many battles that occurred here over the centuries. ...
You can't hear it, but the church bells were ringing when I took this picture. It was a fantastic site from the outside, and was just as pretty inside. We had a nice walk along the street by the city walls, and the views here are spectacular.
- Pros:Beautiful City Indeed
- Cons:We Had to Leave
- In a nutshell:I will return to Luxembourg
The museum is in itself a sight to see. It's housed in four restored noble houses, and there are five floors you can... more travel advice
The church was beautiful, and there were tourists from all over, including many English speaking people. It wasn't as... more travel advice
sargentjeff's Related Pages
Luxembourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Luxembourg, an amazing fortress city"
- "Luxembourg - Capital of the Grand Duchy"
- "A VERY FUN CITY !"
- "Quietly self-contained......"
- "The jewel among other giants"
- "Luxembourg City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Luxembourg
- Hotels in Luxembourg
- Transportation in Luxembourg
- Nightlife in Luxembourg
- Restaurants in Luxembourg
- Shopping in Luxembourg
- Warnings and Dangers in Luxembourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luxembourg
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Luxembourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luxembourg
Photos in LuxembourgSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 78 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 40 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vicenza Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Utrecht Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manteca Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue