" Benvenuti in Italia!! " Italy by sargentjeff
Italy Travel Guide: 69,726 reviews and 186,887 photos
Bella Italia. We lived in Vicenza for two years, and Naples for six months. I have come to love Italy as a home. Although I'm from the US, we will probably stay here when I leave the military. My wife is Italian, so there are definite reasons settle down here. I've made the Italy page a bit general, and will put travelogues here that don't fit close to a major city. See my city pages for more detail on other areas
I have truly learned to enjoy the italian ways, but in order to do so, had to relax many of my American expectations and innate notions on the way things "ought to be". Well, Italy is much older than the US, albeit not as a united nation, but the architecture alone is older than our nation.
Take time to see as many of the smaller cities as you can, beauty and interesting things are always out there somewhere. I have been here two years and still continue to find something new and interesting to do or see. Italy won't fail to impress you either.
Visit my city pages for more specific info
Remember to check my city pages and Travelogues.
MOLTO GRAZIE!! This page is always under construction.
a few useful sites:
www.dolcevita.com (general info)
http://www.cilea.it/WWW-map/NIR-map.html (all web servers in Italy GREAT SITE)
My wife is from Napoli, and I have spent over half a year in Partenope. There is so much here to experience that you need to go see for yourself. Check out my Naples page for lots of info.
You've got to explore all over the place. This particular shot was taken from a window in the National Archeological Museum in Naples. It's a typical site you may see in the heart of big cities.
- Pros:Great culture, food, cites and history
- Cons:Crowded cites make for bad traffic.
- In a nutshell:I love Italy, and will live here once I leave the Army
It's probably no surprise to see a tip on Italian ceramics, as you probably know that Italy is famous for this. What may... more travel advice
Nove is famous in Italy for beautiful ceramics, and some of the shops here even produce for Tiffany & Co. and Lenox. The... more travel advice
- See All Italian Olive Oil - The World's Best!!
- See All It's customary to have people...
- Palladian Villas in Veneto...
- gypsies in rome around the...
- gondola rides in venice. they...
sargentjeff's Related Pages
Italy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buongiorno Italia, Ti amo Italia"
- "ITALIA - PREGO!"
- "Italia - awakens passion, gives life & confidence"
- "Italia nel cuore"
- "Italy wishlist"
- "The Many Faces of Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Italy
- Hotels in Italy
- Transportation in Italy
- Nightlife in Italy
- Restaurants in Italy
- Shopping in Italy
- Warnings and Dangers in Italy
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Italy
- 199 Reviews
- 388 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Italy
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 78 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 40 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vicenza Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Utrecht Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manteca Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Italy hotels
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Venice Hotels
- 8187 Reviews - 21637 Photos
- Florence Hotels
- 5098 Reviews - 11237 Photos
- Sorrento Hotels
- 637 Reviews - 1431 Photos
- Milan Hotels
- 2806 Reviews - 7000 Photos
- Positano Hotels
- 300 Reviews - 633 Photos
- Verona Hotels
- 1714 Reviews - 4305 Photos
- Bologna Hotels
- 1031 Reviews - 2935 Photos
- Taormina Hotels
- 259 Reviews - 700 Photos
- Bergamo Hotels
- 1095 Reviews - 4318 Photos
- Amalfi Hotels
- 255 Reviews - 728 Photos
- Genoa Hotels
- 726 Reviews - 1881 Photos
- Santa Margherita Ligure Hotels
- 77 Reviews - 258 Photos
- Montecatini Terme Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Catania Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 547 Photos