Naples Tourist Trap Tips by sargentjeff Top 5 Page for this destination
Naples Tourist Traps: 21 reviews and 8 photos
"Hello, operator? connect me with Pompei..."
It's not a bad thing, and okay if your hands aren't full (like mine were) with a Pompei guide book in hand, a camera (try to take pics with all this stuff), backpack and whatever else. Just pray it doesn't rain. First of all, the Audio Guide tips are rather brief, and don't go into much detail. It's not a bad deal at 6 euro, but you will get more from the Pompei book or by using a human tour guide
Unique Suggestions: Purchase two of the "Audio guies, as it's only 9 euro for two
Fun Alternatives: Pay 7,50 for a Pompei guide book, and follow the tour trail in the book. Besides, you can keep the book, but must return the Audio Guide unless you don't care about forfeiting your ID.
Better yet, discretely follow along by one of the tour groups. You didn't hear that one from me ;-)
Any of the markets can be a tourist trap. Careful on what you buy, and double check the box and/or bag to ensure what you paid for is actually inside. Trust me on this one. MY buddies and I bought some really nice beer bottle and rock filled boxes that were supposed to be Video cameras. aaagghhh! Careful especially around Piazza Girabaldi, which is where Napoli Centrale train station is.
More Reviews (76)
- See All When it rains it really rains
- See All Pianura - Real Napolitans, real culture
- See All The Banks on Via Toledo
- See All The Tangenziale
- See All Sort of a sport tip, but more for the...
- See All Capodimonte is famous for some...
- See All The inevitable Worker Strike
- See All The taste you'll never forget...
- Packing List
- See All Pinetamare - The Beach in Naples
- See All My favorite nighttime spot
- See All If you're wondering about that...
sargentjeff's Related Pages
Naples Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "guide to the hidden Naples"
- "Benvenuti a Napoli!!"
- "A city in perpetual motion"
- "NAPLES – the treasure of Campania!!!"
- "Naples....Sun, Aromas and Tastes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naples
- Hotels in Naples
- Transportation in Naples
- Nightlife in Naples
- Restaurants in Naples
- Shopping in Naples
- Warnings and Dangers in Naples
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naples
- 78 Reviews
- 137 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 90 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Naples?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naples
Photos in NaplesSee All Photos (137)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 78 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 40 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vicenza Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Utrecht Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manteca Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Archaelogical Museum- 55 Reviews, 117 Photos
- Galleria Umberto - Shopping District- 19 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Castel dell'Ovo- 23 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Duomo - Cathedral- 19 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Teatro San Carlo- 8 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Piazza del Plebiscito- 19 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Castel Nuovo - Maschio Angioino- 27 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Day Trip to Pompeii- 26 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Spaccanapoli- 11 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Vesuvius - Il Vesuvio- 16 Reviews, 27 Photos
See All Naples Things to Do