"Benvenuti a Napoli!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Naples by sargentjeff
Naples Travel Guide: 1,390 reviews and 3,755 photos
Napoli at first seems dirty and full of chaos. There is actually much to be learned about really living life in Naples. The pizza is, by far, the best in the world and you must have a caprese salad with the region's own "mozzerella di bufala" The original and only true mozzererella. Piazza Pleblicito is home to some beautiful sights. The Church of Francesco di Paola. (we were married there) and the royal palace. Also teatro San Carlo. Go to Gambrinus for a famous coffee. (just adjacent to the piazza) and then head up the Corso for some shopping.
Mergellina, the area next to the water and home of many luxurious hotels and restuarants is a must. Trianon makes the best in pizza in Naples.
Napolitans have a different outlook on life. Current theory attributes this to the fact that Neapolitans reside at the base of a volcano that could blow its top at any moment (Pompei and Herculaneum have first-hand experience), so they live for the moment (“Live today, for tomorrow we die”). Neapolitans do not stand in lines; generally disregard traffic regulations; do not hurry to get anything accomplished; enjoy the art of conversation (rather loudly if two automobiles are involved), and all this and more makes for a loud, brash and chaotic environment.
If you drive, you have to get in a mindset to do so. Be aggressive and don't be afraid of honking your horn.
Great web links for Napoli: http://www.rcm.napoli.it/rcmweb/napoliwebint.htm
Want to see live webcam pics of Naples and Italy? go here. http://www.viagginrete-it.it/webcam/ %s*%c*
The real naples isn't at the airport, or the train station, rather on the back streets of the city. Here you will see all sorts of things. Clothes hanging on the lines is just one "Napolitan" sight, which is common. It has a simple beauty about it, which, when looked at through open eyes, can be appreciated.
The reason I chose this photo as a lead in was because it is an awesome church in Piazza Pleblicito. Also on that piazza sit the Royal Palace and the Teatro San Carlo.
- Pros:Great place to have fun and experience some real Italian life
- Cons:Traffic, Chaos, Corruption and Petty Crime
- In a nutshell:Naples is like no other place on Earth!!
Rain in Naples isn't bad most of the time, but sometimes it really comes down hard. Here are the average monthly... more travel advice
If you are in Naples at the right time you will be able to visit Pompei when they light the ruins at night. It's a... more travel advice
- See All The Banks on Via Toledo
- See All The Tangenziale
- See All Sort of a sport tip, but more for the...
- See All Capodimonte is famous for some...
- See All The "Audio Guide" at Pompei
- See All The inevitable Worker Strike
sargentjeff's Related Pages
Naples Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another capital of another glorious kingdon!"
- "guide to the hidden Naples"
- "Benvenuti a Napoli!!"
- "A city in perpetual motion"
- "NAPLES – the treasure of Campania!!!"
- "Naples....Sun, Aromas and Tastes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naples
- Hotels in Naples
- Transportation in Naples
- Nightlife in Naples
- Restaurants in Naples
- Shopping in Naples
- Warnings and Dangers in Naples
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naples
- 78 Reviews
- 137 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 90 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Naples?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naples
Photos in NaplesSee All Photos (137)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 78 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 40 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vicenza Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Utrecht Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manteca Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue