"Home of the Drunken Tower" Pisa by sargentjeff
Pisa Travel Guide: 1,421 reviews and 3,929 photos
Pisa. Okay, so there is a tower there that had a little too much to drink. I can't say too much about Pisa, but it's worth half a day. See the tower and head to Lucca. Or better yet, Florence.
Well, I would love to add lots more, but can't think of too much more to say about Pisa. If it weren't for the tower, there would be about 90% fewer tourists here. My buddy just returned from here and said you can climb the tower now for 15 euro. That's robbery, but worth being able to say you've been up the tower. There is a small market in town, a couple restaurants near the tower, and some fantastic mosiacs in the museum near the tower.
By the way, you are supposed to look as if you are propping up the tower with your arm. My photo didn't turn out as well as planned.
What shall we do with the drunken tower. more travel advice
sargentjeff's Related Pages
Pisa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More then just the leaning tower"
- "PISA is a lot more than just the leaning tower"
- "Citta con torre ubbriacato"
- "Pisa, gateway to Tuscany"
- "Beautiful Pisa"
- "So much more than a tower!"
- "A pleasant surprise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pisa
- Hotels in Pisa
- Transportation in Pisa
- Nightlife in Pisa
- Restaurants in Pisa
- Shopping in Pisa
- Warnings and Dangers in Pisa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pisa
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Pisa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pisa
Photos in PisaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 78 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 40 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vicenza Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Utrecht Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manteca Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue