"sargentjeff's Ravenna Page" Ravenna by sargentjeff
Ravenna Travel Guide: 347 reviews and 1,029 photos
This is a great place to go to the beach if you like people watching. Party, party, party in the summer months. Life truly is the beach in this place.
but, it includes some great frescos and the tomb of Dante.
Two of my brothers in-law live and work here.
The district of Ravenna lies in the north east of Italy, some 80 km. from Bologna, regional capital of Emilia-Romagna.
The Guglielmo Marconi international airport at Bologna is some 90 km. from Ravenna. From the airport you can get to Ravenna by car (all motorway) or by train, a journey which takes between 1 and 2 hours. Other airports, including Forlì (Giacomo Ridolfi) some 30 km. from Ravenna, and Rimini (Miramare), 60 km. to the south, are less than an hour's drive away. The major airports in Milan (Linate and Malpensa) are abuot 4 hours down the motorway, while Rome airport (Leonardo da Vinci) can be reached in 5 hours and Venice (Marco Polo) in about 2 hours).
The quickest way to get to the district of Ravenna is by car. Three motorways lead down from the north: the A21 Turin-Piacenza motorway and the A22 Brennero motorway. The latter two feed into the A1 motorway at Piacenza and Modena; the A1 joins the A14 "Adriatica" motorway at Bologna and will take you right to the Ravenna tool-station, or to Faenza and Cesena exits (if you are heading for Cervia Milano Marittima).
sargentjeff's Related Pages
Ravenna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Byzantine culture blended with Italian flavour!"
- "Ravenna, City of Mosaics"
- "The magic of the mosaics"
- "Once was famous"
- "Ravenna - A Byzantine Centre"
- "Basilica di Sant' Apollinare Nuovo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ravenna
- Hotels in Ravenna
- Transportation in Ravenna
- Nightlife in Ravenna
- Restaurants in Ravenna
- Shopping in Ravenna
- Warnings and Dangers in Ravenna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ravenna
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ravenna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ravenna
Photos in RavennaSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 78 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 40 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vicenza Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Utrecht Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manteca Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue