"SARAJEVO MY LOVE" Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo by neodue

Sarajevo Travel Guide: 1,197 reviews and 3,061 photos

MESECINA_MOONLIGTH "UNDERGROUND"

This is the reason why I was there.This song and this movie.Of course another reason of my and my wifes roots coming form Balkans but we do not have ant relatives and connection with balkans any more.Our families came to Turkey after 1876 Russo-Turkish war.

When Austrians occupied Bosnia ,our families immigrated to Turkey.

So,When I heard that song I felt I have been in this bosnian civil war and felt all this war in my heart.

Balkan songs and melodies make me happy,sad,full of life ,want to die.I can all those opposite feelings in one song.This songs begginning is like a funeral song but later it s getting faster and faster.

MESECINA-MOONLIGHT

nema vise sunca,
nema vise meseca.
nema tebe, nema mene.
niceg vise, nema joj.
pokriva nas ratna tama,
pokriva nas tama joj.
a ja se pitam moja draga:
sta ce biti sa nama?

mesecina, mesecina odneli je joj joj, joj joj.
sunce sija, sunce sija ponoc bije, joj joj, joj joj.
sa nebesa, zaproklija

niko ne zna, niko ne zna
niko ne zna, niko ne zna,
niko ne zna sta to sija

ENGLISH
There is no sun any more.
There is no moonlight any more.
There is no you and there is no me
There is nothing any more.
Darkness of the war has covered us.
and I wonder my darling,
What is going to happen to us?

Moonlight,Moonlight
Sun is shining from the heights and coming to us
No body knows anything

This is a Turkish city in the middle of the europe.Life style and the people more turkish than us.We lost lots of traditions more than Bosniaks.I have had best meat balls (Köfte in turkish)( Cevapcici in Bosnian)in Bosnia.
Nice city with nice lovely people.You must visit this city if you want to see the orient without coming to east.

Saraybosna(Sarajevo in Turkish) is very sad city.You can feel the sadness in eveywhere.You can feel the hate can do what kind things.We can teach and put love in our childrens heart.

You can see the charapnel marks on the building and feel that Bosnians-Serbs-Croats do not like each other either.

Bascarsija;Heart of the heart shaped country.

Sarajevo is located in a huge Valley.Valley of Miljacka river.The valley surrounded with high and steep hills.City is very steepy and it s hard to the walk some part of the city.in the base of the walley it is nice to the walk.

Turkish Quarter

Bascarsija you can find the all lanes in Turkish language.When I speak turkish with them ,they understand what I say and they helped us a lot.
Best thing walk around the old city.

• Pros:Hear shaped country with nice people
  • Cons:Nice city to visit in West balkans
  • Last visit to Sarajevo: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 20, 2008

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Interesting page. My husband will love your football tips. When we lived in istanbul, he was a firm Besiktas supporter. I see you like Galatasaray. Cheers, Irene

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Ozan, fabulous page with brilliant photos of Sarajevo. Your page brings back nice memories of our time in the Bosnian capital. We also liked Cevapdzinica Hodzic a lot.

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Your Srajevo page is great!

• picek's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2010 at 7:20 AM

very interesting reading and detailed knowledge on Sarajevo... from your Turkish perspective. I learn something new about SA from you:) thank you.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2010 at 2:35 PM

YOu seem to have enjoyed the sites and viewing of areas in this city. It has a lot of cultural connections to Turkey-another place I like to visit someday. Good work in discussing the area.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2008 at 4:20 AM

lovely page

• Lunaina's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2008 at 11:00 PM

A lot of info on Sarajevo, thanks for sharing!

• May 14, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Nice page with a lot of information

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2008 at 7:26 AM

Sarajevo sayfalariniz cok guzel..kutlarim

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM

good job, i ld like to be back

neodue Visits Here Frequently!

neodue

“No motto is better !”

Badges & Stats in Sarajevo

Have you been to Sarajevo?

Latest Activity in Sarajevo