"SARAJEVO MY LOVE" Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo by neodue
Sarajevo Travel Guide: 1,170 reviews and 2,947 photos
This is the reason why I was there.This song and this movie.Of course another reason of my and my wifes roots coming form Balkans but we do not have ant relatives and connection with balkans any more.Our families came to Turkey after 1876 Russo-Turkish war.
When Austrians occupied Bosnia ,our families immigrated to Turkey.
So,When I heard that song I felt I have been in this bosnian civil war and felt all this war in my heart.
Balkan songs and melodies make me happy,sad,full of life ,want to die.I can all those opposite feelings in one song.This songs begginning is like a funeral song but later it s getting faster and faster.
nema vise sunca,
nema vise meseca.
nema tebe, nema mene.
niceg vise, nema joj.
pokriva nas ratna tama,
pokriva nas tama joj.
a ja se pitam moja draga:
sta ce biti sa nama?
mesecina, mesecina odneli je joj joj, joj joj.
sunce sija, sunce sija ponoc bije, joj joj, joj joj.
sa nebesa, zaproklija
niko ne zna, niko ne zna
niko ne zna, niko ne zna,
niko ne zna sta to sija
There is no sun any more.
There is no moonlight any more.
There is no you and there is no me
There is nothing any more.
Darkness of the war has covered us.
and I wonder my darling,
What is going to happen to us?
Sun is shining from the heights and coming to us
No body knows anything
This is a Turkish city in the middle of the europe.Life style and the people more turkish than us.We lost lots of traditions more than Bosniaks.I have had best meat balls (Köfte in turkish)( Cevapcici in Bosnian)in Bosnia.
Nice city with nice lovely people.You must visit this city if you want to see the orient without coming to east.
Saraybosna(Sarajevo in Turkish) is very sad city.You can feel the sadness in eveywhere.You can feel the hate can do what kind things.We can teach and put love in our childrens heart.
You can see the charapnel marks on the building and feel that Bosnians-Serbs-Croats do not like each other either.
Sarajevo is located in a huge Valley.Valley of Miljacka river.The valley surrounded with high and steep hills.City is very steepy and it s hard to the walk some part of the city.in the base of the walley it is nice to the walk.
Bascarsija you can find the all lanes in Turkish language.When I speak turkish with them ,they understand what I say and they helped us a lot.
Best thing walk around the old city.
- Pros:Hear shaped country with nice people
- Cons:Nice city to visit in West balkans
If you go to a pie shop (BUREKZENICA) you can see the menu list outside of the shop. The meanings are below what you... more travel advice
When turks lost the war against Russian in 1878 ,We made a worst treaty in Hagios Stephanos and Lost our lands to... more travel advice
neodue's Related Pages
Sarajevo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sarajevo - Lively heart of Bosnia and Herzegovina"
- "Something special ...."
- "SARAJEVO MY LOVE"
- "dreams submerged. the capital."
- "Beautiful and Scarred"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sarajevo
- Hotels in Sarajevo
- Transportation in Sarajevo
- Nightlife in Sarajevo
- Restaurants in Sarajevo
- Shopping in Sarajevo
- Warnings and Dangers in Sarajevo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sarajevo
- 38 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sarajevo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sarajevo
- updated a Sarajevo Travel Page "SARAJEVO MY LOVE"
- Posted in Travel Republic of Macedonia Forum "Re: Skopje-Sarajevo Fligths?"
- Wrote a Review READING THE MENUS IN SARAJEVO in Sarajevo Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "READING THE MENUS IN SARAJEVO"
- Commented on one of elcolibri's Sarajevo travel pages
Photos in SarajevoSee All Photos (102)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 205 reviews, 644 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 38 reviews, 102 photos
- Turkey Intro, 26 reviews, 50 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos
- Wilayat Tunis al Janubiyah Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Mostar Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- El Jem Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banja Luka 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Travnik Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos